“Changing Face/Changing Place” Exhibit at Ellarslie
PLANES AT THE PLANT: The former GM Fisher Body Plant in Ewing was converted to build torpedo bombers for the U.S. Navy during World War II. This photo and others are featured in “Changing Face/Changing Place: A Look at the Architectural History of the Trenton Area,” celebrating the 100th anniversary of FVHD Architects-Planners. The exhibit runs September 15 through January 11, 2019 at the Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie in Cadwalader Park.
The Trenton Museum Society and FVHD Architects – Planners have announced an exhibit celebrating the 100th anniversary of the full-service architectural design firm founded in Trenton in 1918 by PL Fowler. “Changing Face/Changing Place: A Look at the Architectural History of the Trenton Area,” will feature historical and architectural photographs, drawings, and artifacts from FVHD history. The exhibit will be in the second-floor galleries at the Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie in Cadwalader Park from September 15 through January 11, 2019. An opening reception is Sunday, September 16 from 2 to 4 p.m.
FVHD’s long project history includes many original school buildings for the Trenton, Lawrence, and Ewing Township school districts; the restoration of the 1719 William Trent House; the GM Fisher Body Plant; Mercer Hospital; Waterfront Stadium (now Arm & Hammer); the Ewing Township Municipal/Police Facility; several Trenton branch library buildings; Trenton public housing; and numerous others.
For more information, call (609) 989-3632 or visit www.ellarslie.org.