Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 86)

AB’s “Botch-Up” of Master Plan, Code, Can Be Rectified by Turning to EE&K

To the Editor: The Princeton Medical Center and developer AvalonBay (AB) can still salvage a deal that will damage the Princeton community. It is doubtful that hospital leadership (or its…

AvalonBay: Comfortable but Contained; Why Turn a Vibrant Community Inward?

To the Editor: Thank you for keeping residents up to date on major site planning now underway in the Princeton area. After hearing the recent presentation of AvalonBay at Princeton…

If University Were to Expand Without Zoning, Where Would the Town Go?

To the Editor: Even as the University is being sued over its plan to move the Dinky, the State Legislature is moving to exempt private universities from municipal zoning ordinances.…

Planning Board Must Make Sure That AB Design Adheres to the Master Plan

To the Editor: Other communities have rejected AvalonBay developments including Highland Park, New Jersey, and Huntington, Long Island. Princeton should do the same unless it can be assured that AvalonBay…

Expressing Thanks to Princeton Borough Police For Tireless, Undercover Work on Burglaries

To the Editor: I am writing to thank the Princeton Borough Police Department for their hard work in responding to the rash of burglaries in the east end of Princeton.…

Increased Attendance Would Show We Care About Films Montgomery Presents

To the Editor: We are fortunate in the Princeton area to have two very good independent movie theaters; the Garden and the Montgomery Cinemas (“Montgomery Cinema Ponders Future as Digital…

Eden Autism’s 5K Race and Fun Run Exceeds Previous Fund Raising Record

To the Editor: On behalf of Eden Autism Services, and the children and adults and their families whom we serve, once again I want to extend my heartfelt thanks for…

Question of the Week: Who do you think Mitt Romney will pick for his running mate and why? (Asked at the Princeton Community Democratic Organization Picnic)

“I think Rob Portman, the Senator from Ohio would help by representing a critical midwestern swing state.” —Heather Howard, Princeton “My thought is he’s going to pick a female and…

Don’t Take for Granted Montgomery Cinema’s Rewarding Alternative to Mainstream Hollywood

To the Editor: Thanks so much for your July 11 front-page article (“Montgomery Cinema Ponders Future As Digital Projection Takes Hold”) that clearly explained the grave financial dilemma confronting small,…

“Under the Red Umbrella” Program Helped by F.I.S.H., JaZams, BM-W

To the Editor: Something fun for kids is happening on Thursday afternoons at 4:30 through August 23. “Under the Red Umbrella,” which is a story time for kids of all…