Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 86)

Success of Friends of Library Book Sale Shows Community’s Love of Books, Library

To the Editor: The Friends of the Princeton Public Library Annual Book Sale, held the weekend of October 12-14, was a resounding success and a testament to a community that…

Acknowledging Community, Business Support For Crawford House’s Recent Harvest Dinner

To The Editor: I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the community for supporting our recent Harvest Dinner. In particular, I would like to thank the area businesses both…

The Vulnerable Patient Is in Good Hands With Merwick’s Caring, Superior Quality Staff

To the Editor: For those of us who lamented the demise of our venerable Merwick Rehabilitation Center, I am happy to report that it is alive and thriving, shiny and…

Zoning Exemption Bill 2586 Will Deal Critical Blow to Princeton Community

To the Editor: If passed, Bill A2586 would exempt private universities and colleges from complying with zoning. This would be a nightmare for Princeton, Plainsboro, West Windsor, and Lawrence, as…

Medical Center Has Breached Its Original Commitment to the Princeton Community

To the Editor: We now know of the Medical Center’s original commitment to the Princeton community — and its breach of that commitment. On May 26, 2005, Barry Rabner (president…

Kudos for the Way Borough Council Handled Extensive, Sometimes Exasperating Renovation

To the Editor: Our neighborhood, Scott Lane/Bainbridge Street, has just gone through an extensive and necessary renovation, involving new sewers, new sidewalks, and new street paving. Like all renovations, it…

Turning Left Out of U.S. 1 Sunoco Station Dangerous Now That Harrison Has 3 Lanes

To the Editor: Making a left turn out of the Route 1/Harrison Street Sunoco Station onto Harrison Street is a hazardous vehicular motion and should be banned. The recently completed…

Princeton Democrats for Council Opted To Team Up and Work Together

To the Editor: Something very interesting happened on the way to the forum to elect our first united government in Princeton. The six Democratic candidates for Council — Heather Howard,…

Supporters of Abstinence Education Dispute Claims in Recent Article, Ask for Public Debate

To the Editor: We support abstinence education and are writing in response to the Town Topics’ article, “Five Year Strategic Plan Outlined at Sexuality Education Fundraiser” (Town Topics, Oct. 17,…

NJDEP-Licensed Consultant Faults Report Done for AvalonBay on Contamination at Site

To the Editor: I am licensed by the NJDEP and for ten years have owned an environmental contracting company that I still work for in a consulting capacity. I was…