Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 86)

Question of the Week: “What are your thoughts about Paul Ryan as Romney’s running mate?”

“I don’t like Paul Ryan. I think he has some unrealistic and absurd ideas about the economy. I think it may hurt Romney’s chances. He looks good and speaks well,…

A Rave Review for Community Night Out, New Features of the Pool, and Life Guards

To the Editor: What a fabulous and fun day! On August 7 my family and I went to the Community Pool Night. I just wanted to take my time and…

Question of the Week: “Given the recent robberies, do you consider Princeton a safe community and do you take any safety precautions?” (Asked at National Night Out at Community Park Pool)

Johanna: “Given the fact that I hadn’t heard about the robberies, I think they were probably somewhat of a fluke. Going forward, I will continue to take the same safety…

Suggesting That Valley Road School Building Be Made a Community Center/Non Profit Space

To the Editor: In our opinion the name does not reflect what the Valley Road School Building can be in the future. Just picture a community center with an auditorium, a gym, rooms…

Law Exempting Private Property Owners Violates New Jersey State Constitution

To the Editor: Under current law, public colleges and universities are exempt from local zoning and planning rules. If Rutgers University or The College of New Jersey wants to build…

Virtually Any Move the University Makes Seems to Bring Forth Push Back From Us

To the Editor: Recent issues of Town Topics contain the usual newsworthy items that emphasize the seemingly endless friction involving our relationship with Princeton University. Viewed by a Township resident…

To Svetlana, Princeton Looked Like a Park; Herewith, a Casual Look at the Tree Streets

To the editor: Re: Town Talk’s Question of the Week “If you could live on any street in Princeton, which would you choose and why?” (Town Topics, August 1). Two…

Independent Candidate for Congress Says Reckless Campaign Spending Should Stop

To the Editor: Now is the time to end politics as usual and stop the reckless spending that goes with it. My name is Kenneth J. Cody and I am…

Pointing Out Some Actions Rep. Rush Holt Has Taken to Keep College More Affordable

To the Editor: Recently, Rep. Rush Holt joined Rutgers officials and other educators to talk with local students and parents about college aid opportunities. In today’s economy it’s challenging for…

Miss Simoni, the Women’s Boutique in Town, Offers An Array of Colorful Fashion Choices

“What you love to wear is fashion!” Aruna Arya should know. As a fashion designer and owner of Miss Simoni, the new women’s boutique at 14 Nassau Street, Ms. Arya…