Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 86)

Hilltop Memorial to Michael Kenwood Provides Place for Community Reflection

To the Editor: A little over a year ago, on August 28, 2011, the Princeton community lost a hero. During hurricane Irene, Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad (PFARS) EMT…

Historic Valley Road School Building Neglected, Needs Immediate Repair

To the Editor: In recent speeches and news articles Superintendent Judy Wilson has commented that “the Valley Road Building does not need any attention; it’s been well-maintained and renovated in…

Question of the Week: “What inspires you to write new books?” (Asked of authors at the Princeton Public Library’s Children’s Book Festival)”

“Classic books that I read as a child still inspire me to this day to write new books.” —Denis Markell (Hush Little Monster) “I like stories that are compelling, that…

Question of the Week: “What are you looking forward to this school year?”

Maia: “I’m looking forward to new teachers and learning new different things. I’m excited for a whole new experience.” Lily: “I’m going to a new school that has woods and…

McCaffrey’s, Princeton’s Hometown Market, Is Celebrating Its 20th Anniversary This Month

McCaffrey’s is a favorite of Princeton shoppers. In fact, when you stop in at this popular market in the Princeton Shopping Center, you are almost certain to run into someone…

Joss & Jules Catering and Event Design Offers Food, Flavor, Presentation, and Style

A romantic dinner for two, an elegant cocktail party for 50, a wedding for 200, a backyard picnic for 20 — whatever the number of guests or the style of event,…

Terhune Road Resident Is Concerned About Drivers Exceeding Speed Limit

To the Editor: People who choose to drive through neighborhoods must obey local speed limit signs. I live on Terhune Road between Thanet Circle and Meadowbrook Drive in Princeton and…

Is Former UMC Site Uncontaminated? Public Has the Right to Know the Truth

To the Editor: I’ve read the letter recently written by attorney Aaron Kleinbaum on the Princeton Citizens for Sustainable Neighborhoods website, and I find it concerning that, although the hospital…

Additional Thoughts on Coincidence Of Hospital Move, Route 1 Closures

To the Editor: I read with interest Nancy Green’s letter in the recent Town Topics (“Faulting Hospital for the U.S. Route 1 Closures,” Mailbox, Aug. 28) in which she floats…

Route1 Experiment Leading to Risky U-Turns, Situation Dangerous, Needs Immediate Attention

To the Editor: I am writing because I have seen no media reports of problems with the US Route 1 left turn closings at Washington Road. I have been crossing…