Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 79)

Dick Woodbridge Is Ideally Suited For Mayor of the Unified Princeton

To the Editor: Long-time residents of both the Borough and the Township are familiar with Dick Woodbridge’s many contributions: Township Mayor 1991-1992 Township Committeeman 1990-1992 Borough Councilman 1977-1987 Borough Council…

Thanks for Spirit of Princeton Fireworks Go First and Foremost to the University

To the Editor: On behalf of the Spirit of Princeton, a huge thank you to all the people who attended the Spirit of Princeton fireworks on July 2; and a…

Sue Nemeth Thanks Voters, Campaign Team, Supports Democratic Nominee for Assembly

To the Editor: I’m writing to express my thanks to all the Democratic voters in Princeton and throughout the 16th legislative district. It was an honor to have the opportunity…

Virtually Any Move the University Makes Seems to Bring Push Back From the Town

To the Editor: The July 4 issue of Town Topics contains the usual newsworthy items that emphasize the seemingly endless friction involving our relationship with Princeton University. Viewed from 10,000…

LuggageFactory on Highway 202/31 in Ringoes Has Big Selection of Luggage and Accessories

Does anyone remember luggage without wheels? If you were born before 1987, no doubt you do. On the other hand, “wheels” have become such an integral part of the travel…

Supporter of Affordable Housing in Princeton Finds It Commendable, But Not at Any Price

To the Editor: It is time to understand the role that affordable housing and rental housing are playing in the conflict over the development of the old hospital site. I…

YWCA’s CEO, ETS President Thanked For “Superbly Organized” 5K Run/Walk

To the Editor: On behalf of myself and the other 650 participants in the June 26 ETS Firecracker 5K Run/Walk, I would like to sincerely thank the YWCA’s Chief Operating…

Curbside Food Waste Collection, Composting Saves Thousands in Municipal Disposal Costs

To the Editor: Did you know that the Green Bucket Curbside Food Waste Program that many Township residents have been using is available now to all Princeton residents, even before…

Thanks to Mountain Lakes, Steve Hiltner For Walk Through Mountain Lakes Preserve

To the Editor: We would like to thank the Mountain Lakes Association and Steve Hiltner, naturalist and editor of Princeton Nature Notes (www.princetonnaturenotes.blogspot.com) for making possible the entertaining and educational…

Pilot NORC Program Would Allow Seniors to Remain in Their Homes

To the Editor: I am pleased to report that my bill to create a pilot program to provide social, mental and health care services to communities with large senior populations…