Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 79)

HomeFront Drive Helps Children Go To School With Their Heads Held High

To the Editor: Once again, the caring and generosity of our community has been immediate and impressive. This year, through HomeFront’s Back to School drive, 1,200 homeless or very low-income…

The Best Reason for Liz Lempert To Become Mayor Is Her Record

To the Editor: As deputy mayor of the Township, Liz Lempert has been closely involved in our town’s road to consolidation. But that’s not the best reason for her to…

Mother of Dual Language Learner Worries That Child Won’t Get Fair Shot at Education

To the Editor: I am a mother of a preschooler that folks in the linguistics and child development world call a dual language learner. Most of these children, if not…

Princeton Public Schools’ Bond Referendum Stresses Energy Efficiency and Sustainability

To the Editor: These days one can’t underestimate the element of sustainability when building maintenance issues come to the fore. The Board of Education takes this responsibility very seriously. Both…

The Long and Winding Road Leads To a Sidewalk on West Side of Ewing

To the Editor: At long last the Princeton Township Committee is building a sidewalk on the west side of Ewing Street between Valley Road and Harrison Street North. This sidewalk…

Hilltop Memorial to Michael Kenwood Provides Place for Community Reflection

To the Editor: A little over a year ago, on August 28, 2011, the Princeton community lost a hero. During hurricane Irene, Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad (PFARS) EMT…

Historic Valley Road School Building Neglected, Needs Immediate Repair

To the Editor: In recent speeches and news articles Superintendent Judy Wilson has commented that “the Valley Road Building does not need any attention; it’s been well-maintained and renovated in…

Question of the Week: “What inspires you to write new books?” (Asked of authors at the Princeton Public Library’s Children’s Book Festival)”

“Classic books that I read as a child still inspire me to this day to write new books.” —Denis Markell (Hush Little Monster) “I like stories that are compelling, that…

Question of the Week: “What are you looking forward to this school year?”

Maia: “I’m looking forward to new teachers and learning new different things. I’m excited for a whole new experience.” Lily: “I’m going to a new school that has woods and…

McCaffrey’s, Princeton’s Hometown Market, Is Celebrating Its 20th Anniversary This Month

McCaffrey’s is a favorite of Princeton shoppers. In fact, when you stop in at this popular market in the Princeton Shopping Center, you are almost certain to run into someone…