Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 79)

Resident in Neighborhood That Has Experienced Burglaries Appreciates Councilwoman’s Efforts

To the Editor: I am writing to thank Borough Councilwoman Heather Howard for assisting the community on the eastern end of Princeton, which recently experienced a series of burglaries. Councilwoman Howard organized a…

Residents Feel Hospital “Betrayed” Community in Choosing Avalon Bay

To the Editor: Princeton Hospital (Princeton HealthCare System, PHCS) must honor and fulfill its commitments to Princeton and the Witherspoon neighborhood, which it leaves behind next week. So far it…

Avalon Bay’s Proposed Overall Size, Height, Length, Compared to Community Buildings

To the Editor; As the development of the Princeton hospital site moves forward — re: recent Borough Council approval to amend MRRO zone as requested by the developer AvalonBay —…

Some Reasons Why Light Rail Use Of the Right of Way Is the Right Way

To the Editor: Recent news coverage of the Dinky issue has raised concerns in some minds about potential costs to taxpayers from efforts to preserve the Dinky right-of-way. From the…

Friends of Princeton Open Space Thanking Firefighters at Mountain Lakes

To the Editor: On behalf of the Board of Friends of Princeton Open Space (FOPOS), I write to thank all those who responded quickly and effectively to the fire that…

Happy User Praises Pilot Project Of Curbside Compost Program

To the Editor: I am a very happy user of the Princeton curbside compost program, and want to encourage all Princeton Township and Borough residents to sign on. While I…

MVC Invites New Jersey Drivers Of a Certain Age to “Skip the Trip”

To the Editor: As part of our ongoing effort to listen to the needs of our customers, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) will be implementing Skip the Trip,…

Attempting to Alleviate Fears That Tax Payers May Incur Financial Burden in Retaining Dinky

To the Editor: As a tax payer, concerned citizen and transportation professional, I would like to try to alleviate some fears that have been expressed in the local media that…

Lucky Day for People and Stories Made Possible by Authors, Others

To the Editor: Friday, April 13 was a very lucky day for our organization, People and Stories/Gente Y Cuentos. Our annual benefit on that date brought the gifts of Chang-rae Lee…

Communiversity’s Recycling Effort Shows That Consolidation Will Work

To the Editor: I am writing to thank all of those responsible for the first ever recycling effort at Communiversity. With the cooperation of The Arts Council, Sustainable Princeton, Woodrow…