Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 79)

Lucky Day for People and Stories Made Possible by Authors, Others

To the Editor: Friday, April 13 was a very lucky day for our organization, People and Stories/Gente Y Cuentos. Our annual benefit on that date brought the gifts of Chang-rae Lee…

Communiversity’s Recycling Effort Shows That Consolidation Will Work

To the Editor: I am writing to thank all of those responsible for the first ever recycling effort at Communiversity. With the cooperation of The Arts Council, Sustainable Princeton, Woodrow…

A Wallet Lost at Communiversity Was Found Thanks to Public Works Staff

To the Editor: I would like to submit this letter of appreciation of the Princeton Borough Public Works Department. At Communiversity I foolishly placed my sweater with my wallet in…

Town Meets Gown a Triumph Thanks to Visitors, Performers, Volunteers, Vendors

To the Editor: On behalf of the board and staff of the Arts Council of Princeton, I would like to thank everyone — including the close to 40,000 visitors, 200…

Correction

In responding to a letter from Peter Marks (Mailbox April 25), the Editor’s Note incorrectly assumed that the reference to Council member Barbara Trelstad’s comment about “incivility” referred to Princeton…

Supporters for Mayoral Candidate Liz Lempert Speak to Her Strengths

To the Editor: As we look ahead to a consolidated Princeton, we are grateful for the extremely competent pool of candidates who have stepped up to campaign and run for…

Why Integrated Design, Green Building, Solar Access Items Should Be Adopted

To the Editor: I encourage the Borough Council to reconsider incorporating LEED as a requirement for the 2012-08 MRRO Zoning Ordinance. Green building need not be more expensive if the…

Democratic Candidate for Council Believes MOU Should Be Honored

To the Editor: Official consolidation of the Princetons will not occur until January 1 of next year, but we are already facing our financial future as one community because we…

Boheme NJ Played War Memorial In Addition to School Auditoriums

To the Editor: Your reviewer, Nancy Plum, is to be commended for her laudatory comments about Mozart’s The Magic Flute, as presented by Boheme Opera N.J. on April 22. There…

Avalon Bay Project Should Not Go Forward Without Proper Safeguards for Community

To the Editor: We are concerned citizens who have been closely following the redevelopment of the hospital block since 2004, the beginning of two years of meetings between the neighborhood,…