Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 74)

Get a Cold Sweet Treat to Beat the Heat At Jack & Charlie’s 23 Ice Cream Parlor

Ice cream in the summer! Ice cream any time — how sweet it is! A brand new opportunity to enjoy everyone’s favorite sweet treat has just become available in Hopewell.…

Township Committee Member Liverman Apologizes for Recent Lapse in Judgment

To the Editor: On Wednesday, August 8, 2012, I was in an accident and was charged with DUI. I know that my actions could have hurt someone. Each day, I…

Is DOT Overlooking Secondary Effects Of Closures in Rush to Declare Success?

To the Editor: The DOT has declared the experiment at Route 1 and 571 a success in less than four days into the 12 week experiment. Those of you that…

Detours Imposed by DOT’s Rt. 1 Experiment Like “Swatting a Fly With a Sledgehammer”

To the Editor: I recently experienced the new US Route 1 traffic pattern imposed by the DOT. Northbound drivers can no longer make left turns into Princeton at Washington Road…

AvalonBay’s Lack of Attention To Fire Safety Issues Poses Risk

To the Editor: Recent lightning strikes and fires in Princeton (“Lightning Strikes More Than Twice in Princeton,” Town Topics, August 15) remind us that AvalonBay (AB), applicant to develop the…

UMCP-P Needs to Provide Google Maps With Detailed Ground Plan of New Facility

To the Editor: When is the University Medical Center at Plainsboro going to supply Google maps with a detailed ground plan (with labels) of the new facility? It is horrifying…

Four Coaches From Princeton Football Club Play Inspirational Role in Haitian Group Trip

To the Editor, I recently returned home from a group trip to Fonds Parisien in rural Haiti. The focus of our group, Princeton based Konekte, was to aid with the construction of a vocational school and to establish a…

Question of the Week: “What are your thoughts about Paul Ryan as Romney’s running mate?”

“I don’t like Paul Ryan. I think he has some unrealistic and absurd ideas about the economy. I think it may hurt Romney’s chances. He looks good and speaks well,…

A Rave Review for Community Night Out, New Features of the Pool, and Life Guards

To the Editor: What a fabulous and fun day! On August 7 my family and I went to the Community Pool Night. I just wanted to take my time and…

Question of the Week: “Given the recent robberies, do you consider Princeton a safe community and do you take any safety precautions?” (Asked at National Night Out at Community Park Pool)

Johanna: “Given the fact that I hadn’t heard about the robberies, I think they were probably somewhat of a fluke. Going forward, I will continue to take the same safety…