Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 74)

Battlefield Society Memorial Day Events Include Urging Opposition to Institute Plan

To the Editor: Memorial Day has come and gone. The Princeton Battlefield Society held the largest re-enactment in a decade on the battlefield. Our veterans were remembered. Hundreds upon hundreds came…

Father of 3, Stepfather to 5, Grandfather of 4, Defends, Explains the Mission of HiTOPS

To the Editor: This letter is in response to the apparently heartfelt message about HiTOPS in the May 16 mailbox. Although I can empathize with the feelings of the four people who signed…

Evergreen Forum Offers a Way To Keep Intellectually Active

To the Editor: Newly retired in Princeton after years of teaching gifted children, I was in search of a way to keep intellectually active within my local community. This, of…

White-Tailed Hawk Gets Helping Hand From Animal Control Officer Mark Johnson

To the Editor: We recently opened our front door and came face to face with a white-tailed hawk. The hawk stood immobile and appeared injured. It certainly could not fly…

NJ Transit Bus Service to New Hospital Much Appreciated, But Five Are Diesel

To the Editor: I was delighted to learn about New Jersey Transit’s new bus service from Princeton to our new hospital in Plainsboro. As a 13-year former member of the…

Avalon Bay’s Closed Compound Impedes Connectivity Between Our Neighborhoods

To the Editor: AvalonBay (AB) wants to build a closed compound of 280 units on the old hospital site: the hugest building in Princeton, with a private swimming pool in…

Asking Barry Rabner to Support Community Efforts To Enforce Design Standards He Himself Advocates

To the Editor: This is an open letter to Barry Rabner. To achieve “evidence-based design … guided by experience [and] instinct.’ your “design team articulated a set of guiding principles…

Disbelief and Deep Concern Expressed About “Inept” Handling of Bear Situation

To the Editor: I am writing to express my deep concern about the way in which the recent bear episode was handled by the Princeton authorities. I wonder what part…

Six Reasons to Support Six Candidates Endorsed By Democratic Committees

To the Editor: There are a dozen reasons I am supporting the six candidates for Council endorsed by the Democratic Committees of the Borough and Township. The first six reasons…

Candidate for Princeton Council Seeking Prudent Solutions to Community Issues

To the Editor: I am a Democratic candidate for the new Princeton Council in the Primary Election on Tuesday, June 5. I am extremely proud that the Princeton Community Democratic…