Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 74)

PEC Clarifies Position on Testing For Contamination at Hospital Site

To the Editor: The Princeton Environmental Commission (PEC) would like to clarify a point made in a letter from Jane Buttars (“Planning Board Should Deny AB Application,” Mailbox, Nov. 14)…

Lance Liverman Hopes Princeton’s “Melting Pot” Will Provide Talent for Boards, Commissions

To the Editor: I could never find the correct words to express my sincere gratitude. There were so many Princeton residents who decided to trust me. I do not take…

Bernie Miller Thanks Voters, Volunteers, Looks Forward to Serving New Princeton

To the Editor: I want to thank all those Princetonians who voted for me in the election on November 6. I have worked for consolidation for my entire political career,…

Woodbridge Congratulates Mayor-Elect Lempert, New Council, Thanks Supporters

To the Editor: I would like to warmly congratulate Mayor-elect Liz Lempert for a well-earned victory on November 6 and for running a clean, spirited and issues oriented campaign. Congratulations…

Township Mayor Discusses Storm Response, Thanks Emergency Operations Center, Others

To the Editor: While Hurricane Sandy caused considerable disruption to our community when it struck several weeks ago, the soon-to-be consolidated Princeton stood tall and responded efficiently and effectively. While emergency response…

Simon Thanks People of Princeton, Encourages Diverse Points of View

To the Editor: Thank you to the voters of Princeton for electing me to the new municipal council, and thank you to our local campaign team, supporters, and canvassers. In…

Offering Tips for Communication Sources During “All Too Frequent” Power Outages

To the Editor: In the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and in all of Princeton’s all-too-frequent power outages, communication was key. I’d like to commend the almost-merged Township and Borough…

Red Oak Diner & Bakery on Route 206 North Offers Wide Array of Family-Friendly Choices

Diners are fun. They’re often reminders of times past — stopping in with friends for a malt, cheeseburger, and French fries when you were a teen. They can be a…

Question of the Week: “Did you find it difficult to locate your polling place and how do you feel about the election results?”

“It was not hard to find the polling location. Usually we go to Community Park School but since the power was out, we went to John Witherspoon School. It was…

Planning Board Should Deny AB Application If Sovereign Cannot Responsibly Complete Report

To the Editor: As I write, the Planning Board has just voted to ask Borough Council’s agreement to retain Sovereign Consulting to review the AvalonBay (AB) Environmental Impact Statement and…