Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 69)

Simon Thanks People of Princeton, Encourages Diverse Points of View

To the Editor: Thank you to the voters of Princeton for electing me to the new municipal council, and thank you to our local campaign team, supporters, and canvassers. In…

Offering Tips for Communication Sources During “All Too Frequent” Power Outages

To the Editor: In the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and in all of Princeton’s all-too-frequent power outages, communication was key. I’d like to commend the almost-merged Township and Borough…

Red Oak Diner & Bakery on Route 206 North Offers Wide Array of Family-Friendly Choices

Diners are fun. They’re often reminders of times past — stopping in with friends for a malt, cheeseburger, and French fries when you were a teen. They can be a…

Question of the Week: “Did you find it difficult to locate your polling place and how do you feel about the election results?”

“It was not hard to find the polling location. Usually we go to Community Park School but since the power was out, we went to John Witherspoon School. It was…

Planning Board Should Deny AB Application If Sovereign Cannot Responsibly Complete Report

To the Editor: As I write, the Planning Board has just voted to ask Borough Council’s agreement to retain Sovereign Consulting to review the AvalonBay (AB) Environmental Impact Statement and…

Liz Lempert Thanks Voters, Team, Will Listen to, Represent “Everyone”

To the Editor: I want to thank the people of Princeton for electing me as your mayor. And I especially want to thank my amazing campaign team, including Walter Bliss,…

In Spite of the Storm, Princeton Got to Polls, Again Proving Itself an Engaged Community

To the Editor, I am writing to thank the voters of Princeton for voting in the recent election. Despite the difficulties caused by the storm, Princeton once again proved itself…

Friends of Princeton Open Space President Grateful for Support on Ballot Question

To the Editor: On behalf of Friends of Princeton Open Space, I want to thank the citizens of Princeton for their support of the open space tax ballot question in…

Expressing Appreciation to Princeton University For Assistance and Hospitality on Election Day

To the Editor: On behalf of the district election workers whose districts were moved to Jadwin Gym on Nov. 6, I would like to express sincere appreciation to Princeton University…

Co-Founder of Abstinence Group at PU Responds to Issue in Recent Article, Letter

To the Editor: I was very interested to read both Anne Levin’s piece (“Five Year Strategic Plan Outlined at Sexuality Education Fundraiser,” p. 7, Oct. 17) and the co-authored reply…