Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 69)

Proposed Redevelopment of Hospital Site A Disaster for Broader Princeton Community

To the Editor: I wish to express concerns about the proposed redevelopment of the Princeton Hospital site on Witherspoon Street. I believe realization of the proposal from AvalonBay would represent…

Town-Gown Relationship Failures Should Not Be Blamed on Tilghman

To the Editor: The University had a recent meeting with members of the community seeking advice in the selection of a new president to replace Shirley Tilghman. Their comments confirm…

Deer Victim of Hit and Run Event Should Alert Drivers to Be Careful

To the Editor: I write in anger. Driving home today along Faculty Road, I approached two deer standing right in the middle of the road. Fortunately, there was plenty of…

Elm Court and Harriet Bryan House Express Gratitude to Princeton Police

To the Editor: As time has passed since the impact of Hurricane Sandy, we have been able to contemplate how very fortunate the residents of Elm Court and Harriet Bryan…

Don’t Blame PU: Our Taxes Are High Because of High Cost of Public Schools

To the Editor: A letter writer (“Future Taxes Will Go Up,” Mailbox, Nov. 7) is concerned that due to high property taxes the “middle class in Princeton will be forced…

Consider the Consequences of Allowing A Hostile Developer to Build in Our Town

To the Editor: At the November 15 Planning Board meeting that focused on AvalonBay, I was deeply shocked by the behavior of Mr. Ron Ladell, a vice president and attorney…

AvalonBay Spokesman, Attorney “Disrespectful” “Intemperate,” “Contentious,” at Two Meetings

To the Editor: Is lack of respect for appropriate procedure part of Avalon’s method? People I know who attended the November 15 AvalonBay hearing at the Planning Board (PB) were…

PEC Clarifies Position on Testing For Contamination at Hospital Site

To the Editor: The Princeton Environmental Commission (PEC) would like to clarify a point made in a letter from Jane Buttars (“Planning Board Should Deny AB Application,” Mailbox, Nov. 14)…

Lance Liverman Hopes Princeton’s “Melting Pot” Will Provide Talent for Boards, Commissions

To the Editor: I could never find the correct words to express my sincere gratitude. There were so many Princeton residents who decided to trust me. I do not take…

Bernie Miller Thanks Voters, Volunteers, Looks Forward to Serving New Princeton

To the Editor: I want to thank all those Princetonians who voted for me in the election on November 6. I have worked for consolidation for my entire political career,…