Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 69)

YWCA’s CEO, ETS President Thanked For “Superbly Organized” 5K Run/Walk

To the Editor: On behalf of myself and the other 650 participants in the June 26 ETS Firecracker 5K Run/Walk, I would like to sincerely thank the YWCA’s Chief Operating…

Curbside Food Waste Collection, Composting Saves Thousands in Municipal Disposal Costs

To the Editor: Did you know that the Green Bucket Curbside Food Waste Program that many Township residents have been using is available now to all Princeton residents, even before…

Thanks to Mountain Lakes, Steve Hiltner For Walk Through Mountain Lakes Preserve

To the Editor: We would like to thank the Mountain Lakes Association and Steve Hiltner, naturalist and editor of Princeton Nature Notes (www.princetonnaturenotes.blogspot.com) for making possible the entertaining and educational…

Pilot NORC Program Would Allow Seniors to Remain in Their Homes

To the Editor: I am pleased to report that my bill to create a pilot program to provide social, mental and health care services to communities with large senior populations…

Princeton University’s Lawyer Responds To Roger Martindell’s Letter on Lawsuit

To the Editor: If Roger Martindell wants to save himself the time and expense of responding to a legitimate request for documents under New Jersey’s Open Public Records Act, he…

Town Talk Question of the Week: “Seasonal allergies have been particularly bad this year. What symptoms do you have and how have you dealt with it?”

Alex: “Runny nose, my throat has been itchy, my eyes have been very irritated. I’ve just been taking medicine.” Rory: “Scratchy throat and a cough for the longest time and…

Hoping Crash Simulation’s Powerful Message Reaches Every Student Who Witnessed Event

To the Editor: Sometimes it takes an entire community to keep our young people safe. On May 23, the day before the Princeton High School prom, junior and senior students…

AvalonBay Disregards Princeton Values, Lacks Sufficient Social Conscience

To the Editor: Just last week I read with great interest an article about ParaTerra, a company which advises developers, architects, home owners, etc. about the many new, sustainable, money-saving…

A Deal Was Made in Good Faith: AvalonBay Should Fulfill Hospital’s Original Agreements

To the Editor: A deal is a deal. The hospital, the Borough, and the neighborhood that surrounds the hospital’s old site on Witherspoon Street, agreed to a deal in 2006.…

“What are some of your favorite books and why?” (Asked at the jaZams block party)

Madeline: “Rapunzel because I like to read it always at night time.” Alexandra: “Elephant and Piggie because I like to read the series.” —Madeline (left) and Alexandra Mandzij, Princeton “All…