Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 63)

Some Princeton Students, Alumni Take Issue With Small World’s Sponsoring of HiTOPS

To the Editor: As Princeton students and alumni living in town, we cherish our unique local establishments — and none so much as the iconic Small World Coffee. So we…

AvalonBay’s Charge of Bias, Evasion Of Mt. Laurel Statutes Is Pure Nonsense

To the Editor: AvalonBay’s ill-considered lawsuit has prompted much public handwringing and many “I told you so’s” — usually from solons whose identities are concealed behind initials and pen-names. Most…

Opposition to AvalonBay Not “Widespread”; Was Led by Small, Vocal Group of People

To the Editor: I have been following the application of AvalonBay to develop the former hospital site on Witherspoon Street with great interest. I am disappointed that the Planning Board…

Passenger Left Behind by Dinky Records Specifics, Finds Solution

To the Editor: Yet again we Dinky-riders watched as the shuttle accelerated round the bend in the Princeton Junction parking lot just as our train arrived. I’ve had this general…

PCDO Encouraging Interested Democrats To Make Run for Open Seats on Council

To the Editor: In 2013, year one of the new consolidated Princeton, two seats on the Princeton Council will be up for election. As the president of the Princeton Community…

Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Boy Scouts Can Help Kids Explore, Engage the World

To the Editor: Last week, the Princeton community was treated to a wonderful Commonground lecture on raising resilient children, by Lenore Skenazy, author of the book Free Range Kids: A…

Now Is the Time for a United Princeton To Get Something Done About Valley Road

To the Editor: Princeton has witnessed over 20 years of lamentable neglect and lack of stewardship of highly valuable real property commonly known as the Valley Road School. Isn’t it…

Perfect Performance Fitness & Dancewear Offers Many Choices for Workouts and Dance

Perfect Performance Fitness & Dancewear at 25 Route 31 South, Suite 11B in Pennington is the place to go for work-out aficianadas and dancers. This new shop opened last August,…

Patient Centered Philosophy of Healthcare Is Available from Affinity Health Advocates

It’s always in the news these days. How does one handle healthcare? So many options are out there — “Obamacare”, numerous insurance plans with Plan A through Z, and for…

Taking Issue With Municipal Employees Hiring Family Members for Choice Jobs

To the Editor: Your recent article on nepotism in hiring for town positions was interesting to me. I take issue with the opinions of the elected officials as to the propriety of municipal…