Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 61)

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words: AvalonBay Should Have Provided Views

To the Editor: It is an old saying — a picture is worth a thousand words — but it still rings true. This was starkly evident at the series of…

Addressing Some Inaccuracies Concerning Intervention Process on Pipeline Project

To the Editor: The article on the Williams Transco Pipeline Project [“Town Releases Documents On Transco Pipeline Project,” Town Topics, May 1, page 1] contains a couple of inaccuracies about…

Low U.S. News and World Report Rankings For PHS Due to Lower Minority Enrollment

To the Editor: Incorrect conclusions have been reached about the cause of Princeton High School’s failure to appear in the U.S. News and World Report public high school rankings this…

Where There Once Was a Garden For All, There Is Now a Structure for the Very Rich

To the Editor: Each weekday morning as I drive to work, I pass the corner of Witherspoon and Paul Robeson and feel amazed. Where once was a beautiful garden, there…

Volunteers, Sponsors, Make Senior Center’s Brunch at Home Event a Resounding Success

To the Editor: On behalf of the Board of Trustees and everyone at the Princeton Senior Resource Center we would like to extend our sincere thanks to all those who…

Long List of Exceptional People Helped Make Princeton Special Needs Prom So Much Fun

To the Editor: We want to thank everyone who made the 2013 Princeton Special Needs Prom so much fun. Since 2008, Princeton Special Sports and the Princeton Recreation Department have…

40,000 Visitors, 200 Vendors, Spring Weather Make Communiversity’s First Sunday Memorable

To the Editor: On behalf of the board, staff, members, and volunteers of the Arts Council of Princeton, I would like to thank everyone — including over 40,000 visitors, 200…

Question of the Week: “What unusual plants have brought you here today?” (Asked at “Morven in May: A Celebration of Art, Craft, and Garden”)

“One plant that I specifically got for this sale, which I have been trying to find for years, is a Leonotis, also called a Lion’s Tale.” —Pam Ruch, Morven Horticulturalist,…

Recent Reports, Rankings of High School A Wake-Up Call for Change in the System

To the Editor: The image of an ostrich sticking its head in the sand came to mind when reading your article [District Criticizes State Reports, Rankings, Town Topics, page 1,…

Harris Road Residents Outline History Of Hospital’s Redevelopment of Site

To the Editor: What is our community hospital’s role in the redevelopment of its old facility in the heart of Princeton? Harris Road’s long-term residents put down roots close to…