Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

Six Years Later the Question Remains: Why is the Dinky Station Being Moved?

To the Editor: After sitting through the SPRAB meeting last night I have the same question that I had six years ago: why is the Dinky station being moved??? 1.…

A Short But Sweet Salute for Princeton’s Departing President, Shirley Tilghman

To the Editor: In her 11 years as the president of Princeton University, Shirley Tilghman has helped make the best even better. Richard Trenner Province Line Road…

Workable, Environmentally Sound Composting Program Saving 20 Tons a Month from Landfill

To the Editor: It’s important that the food-composting program be kept alive. Princetonians have put 18 months of work into the separated compostable waste program to cut down on trash…

The Current Experiment on Route 1 Only Postpones the Inevitable Long Term Solution

To the Editor: We are hearing/reading multiple complaints about the negative impacts and the ineffectiveness of the NJDOT experiment of closing left turns onto and from Route 1 at its…

Hoping the Administrators of Consolidation Will Continue Curbside Compost Collection

To the Editor: I write regarding the award-winning curbside pickup composting program that Princeton has successfully pioneered for well over a year. By signing up for this convenient service, hundreds…

Princeton-Area Businesses, Individuals Thanked for Donation of 102 Backpacks

To the Editor: A huge thank you to Princeton-Area businesses and individuals for the generous donation of 102 backpacks filled with school supplies and fun lunchboxes for less-fortunate Princeton Public…

Legal, Environmental Perspective on AvalonBay To Be Addressed by Environmental Lawyer Oct. 7

To the Editor: Princeton residents will want to know of the upcoming public talk about AvalonBay and its environmental impacts. Save the date: October 7, 2012, 3 p.m. Aaron Kleinbaum,…

AvalonBay’s Environmental Impact Statement Said to Gloss Over Contamination of UMCP Site

To the Editor: Princeton citizens should know that the AvalonBay Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), prepared by Maser Consulting, fundamentally misrepresents the Phase I environmental investigation on the old hospital site,…

“He Didn’t Talk Down to Us”: Princeton Students Impressed by Dick Woodbridge

To the Editor: Last Saturday, a few friends (all Princeton students) and I attended a community barbecue. As we mingled with the other guests, we had the opportunity to speak…

The Community Knows What It Wants And Avalon Bay Refuses to Listen

To the Editor: Responding to one of the “Frequently Asked Questions” posted on the Princeton Healthcare System website www.princetonhcs.org “What will happen to the site of the original hospital?” Barry…