Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

Mayor, Council Say Christie’s Letter to Residents Contains Inaccurate Statements About Tax Savings

To the Editor: Last week, Governor Christie sent a letter to some residents of Princeton congratulating us on consolidation. We want to thank the governor for his praise and thank…

Hoping Princeton Will Join Other Towns In Considering Regulating Leaf Blowers

To the Editor: A rapidly growing number of municipalities across the country have regulated or are considering regulations to curb the use of gas-powered leaf blowers. Cambridge, Mass., Greenwich Conn.,…

Ivy Inn’s Brand New Lunch and Dinner Menu Is Already a Success at Long-time Favorite

Adapting to the times, while retaining its essential character, is the key to success for any business. The owners of Princeton’s Ivy Inn have understood this, and continued to make…

Town Talk Question of the Week: “What are you most looking forward to this spring in Princeton?”

“I’m most looking forward to the cherry trees in bloom, turtles, birds, and wildlife coming alive on Lake Carnegie. I’m also looking forward to Princeton reunions.” —Charles Plohn, Princeton   Diana:…

Veblen Began Process That Continues Today Through Open Space Movement

To the Editor: For five years I’ve been alerting the Princeton community to the importance of the historic Veblen House, located on the edge of Herrontown Woods on the northeast…

Professional Dog Walker Concerned by Failure Of Many Owners to Clean Up After Their Dogs

To the Editor: As a professional dog walker servicing the Princeton area I am amazed at how many dog poops I see which have not been picked up and in…

Superintendent Wilson’s Use of “Significant” Concerning Sequestration Loss Is Questioned

To the Editor: Superintendent of Schools Judith A. Wilson noted the loss of some $87,000 in federal funding because of sequestration. She called the amount ‘significant in a very tight…

Pi Day Organizers Should Avoid Encouraging Gender Stereotypes

To the Editor: Last Sunday’s Pi recitation contest saw children recite hundreds of digits from memory at the public library. However, what should have been an occasion to celebrate mathematics…

Since It’s Impossible to Avoid Bias in Sex Ed., Offer a Second Curriculum Alongside HITOPS

To the Editor: We thank Ms. Casparian and Mr. Oscar (“HiTOPS Curriculum Conforms to New Jersey Department of Education Content Standards”) for replying to the letter from February 27 expressing…

Popular New Cafe 44 Fusion Restaurant Offers “Southern Soul” Food With a Twist

The reviews are in, and they just keep getting better and better! Everyone who has sampled the dinners at Cafe 44 Fusion is ready to go back for more. Just…