Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

Princeton Clergy Association Thanked For Organizing Sandy Hook Memorial

To  the Editor: I wish to express my heartfelt appreciation to the Princeton Clergy Association for organizing the December 20 Interfaith Gathering of Unity and Hope in remembrance of the…

Arts Council’s “Dining by Design” Event Exceeds Fundraising Goals

To the Editor: “Wow!” was the word used by many as they entered Frick Laboratories, Princeton University for the Arts Council of Princeton’s (ACP) Dining by Design: POP! Fundraiser held…

Longtime Area Builder, Baxter Construction, Receives Remodeling Big 50 Builder Award

Whether it’s a 200-year-old colonial needing total renovation, a two-bedroom ranch requiring major expansion, or a 1960s kitchen or bath in need of updating, Baxter Construction will create just the…

Julianna’s Closet, Popular Children’s Store, Offers Choices for Newborns to Pre-teens

Julianna’s Closet is filled with fun, fashion, and flair! Clothes for kids are its specialty, and they are colorful, bright, and definitely “today”! Little “fashionistas” are thrilled with the selection,…

How Is it Possible That Seat Belt Laws Make More Sense Than Gun Control

To the Editor: One of my students [at the Hun School] participated in a debate last week in which she argued in favor of gun control. Although she had the…

Friendly Advice for Dr. Carl Hoyler: Wear a Properly-Fitting Bicycle Helmet

To the Editor: I was happy to read that Dr. Carl Hoyler rides a brightly-painted bicycle around Princeton (“After 44 Years and Many Memories, An Old-Fashioned Doctor Calls It Quits,”…

Standards that Socially Responsible Developers Follow Are Called “Cost Generative” by AvalonBay

To the Editor: Incredibly, the plan for the former Princeton Hospital site proposed for development by the AvalonBay corporation that will be put before the Planning Board once again on…

Owners of Moore Street Home Lost to Fire Have Special Neighbors, Firemen to Thank

To the Editor: The day after Thanksgiving our home on Moore Street was badly damaged in a freak fire that started in the back yard and spread to the house.…

Reviewing the Economic Consequences Of the PHCS Contract with AvalonBay

To the Editor: The economic consequences of Princeton HealthCare’s contract with AvalonBay include a huge fiscal impact on Princeton municipal government and the taxpayers. The loss of expected tax revenues…

Looking for Reasons to Make Donations, Remember Library’s Help After Hurricane

To the Editor: Like many others in town, my family enjoyed heat, electricity, internet connectivity, and a sense of community in the library during the days after Hurricane Sandy. We…