Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

Taking Issue With Municipal Employees Hiring Family Members for Choice Jobs

To the Editor: Your recent article on nepotism in hiring for town positions was interesting to me. I take issue with the opinions of the elected officials as to the propriety of municipal…

Hiring Should Follow Proper Procedures: Princeton Not a “Mom and Pop Operation”

To the Editor: The concerns about nepotism in the hiring of individuals to work for the Township could have been avoided if proper procedures were established and adhered to. Government…

Children Help Children in Singing Event To Benefit Court Appointed Special Advocates

To the Editor: On Saturday, February 2, at Nassau Presbyterian Church in Princeton, a group of over 120 young choristers lifted up their voices in song at the Sing with…

Special Olympics New Jersey Designated One of State’s Charitable Funds in Bill s1855

To the Editor: On behalf of Special Olympics New Jersey, I wish to express my sincere appreciation for the support of Governor Chris Christie and Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno with…

Community Works Conference Helped By University, Rotary, Fire Department

To the Editor: Four-hundred-plus enthusiastic participants braved the weather Monday, January 28 to attend the 15th annual Princeton Community Works conference held at the Frist Center on the Princeton University…

Retiring Director of Health Care Ministry Notes Support of Princeton Community

To the Editor: As I prepare to leave the Health Care Ministry (HCM) of Princeton, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the Princeton Community who has…

Celebrating Princeton Fire Department’s Service to Residents on Its 225th Birthday

To the Editor: February 11 marks the Princeton Fire Department’s 225th birthday, making it one of the country’s longest operating volunteer departments. We should all praise the exceptional people who…

Running for Office or Running Marathons: Phyllis Marchand Is an Active Participant

She is the longest-serving elected official on Princeton Township Committee. She indexed the Papers of Woodrow Wilson and the Letters of Samuel Johnson. She has run in 19 marathons. She…

The Hospital No Longer Deserves Site Development “Density Bonus”

To the Editor: At last Thursday’s Hospital Ordinance Task Force meeting, the committee heard that Council did not approve their recommendation to reduce the allowed density (number of units) at…

The Number One Priority on Wish List For Use of Hospital Site Is Fewer Units

To the Editor: We have all contributed in many ways to help make Princeton what it is today. We all have a stake in its future. It is a wonderful…