Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

No Evidence Regulation of Petrochemical Companies Will Ever Actually Take Place

To the Editor: Wisely promoting energy conservation in his letter of April 3 [“Although the Tobacco Monster Was Slain, Fossil Fuel Monster Still in Growth Phase” Stephen Hiltner draws an…

Writer Is “Baffled” Watching Nation React To Climate Change With “Defeatism and Denial”

To the Editor: In his April 10 letter about fossil fuels [“Recent Letter Comparing Tobacco, Fossil Fuels Full of Paranoia, Misinformation, Falsehoods”], Lewis A. Edge, Jr. cites questionable data about…

Moving from the Noise of the City To Noisy Domain of Leaf Blowers

To the Editor: Thank you for the two recent letters raising the issue of the use of leaf blowers. As Jill Feldman clearly pointed out, these machines cause air pollution,…

Discussions for Improved AvalonBay Plan Should Be Conducted in Public

Discussions for Improved AvalonBay Plan Should Be Conducted in Public To the Editor: Press reports from Mayor Liz Lempert and Councilman Bernie Miller that AvalonBay will propose a better site…

Thoughts on Princeton Council’s Split Decision on the Kiosk Issue

To the Editor: Re: “Council Split on Kiosk Question., Votes to Renovate One for Now,” p. 1, April 10: So, Bernie Miller, “asked several of his friends their opinions, and…

YWCA’s International Community Day Created a Virtual United Nations Here

To the Editor: On behalf of myself and hundreds of other attendees representing over fifty countries, I would like to thank YWCA Princeton for the outstanding International Community Day which…

Boutique-Style B+B Hair Color Studio Has New Location on Witherspoon Street

Color is the key. In the hair industry today, it’s all about color. It is the major focus of nearly all salons. “Hair color is a total fashion statement today,”…

Success of Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale Aided by Exceptional Oppenheimer Donation

To the Editor: The 82nd Annual Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale was one of the most successful ever thanks to the exceptional book donation from the family of the late Peter…

Princeton Government Should Be Proactive In Preventing and Removing Graffiti

Dear Editor: I am a firm believer that the Town of Princeton government should be very proactive in preventing graffiti and correcting graffiti when a graffiti outlaw defaces private or…

Calculating Who’s Green, Sustainable Princeton Should Count People Who Do Own Composting

To The Editor: In response to the Town Topics, April 3 article, “Do You Compost? Jefferson Road Does,” I would like to make a correction for Regatta Row. Our street is green! Although…