Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

AvalonBay Proposal Does Not Comply With Guidelines of 2006 Borough Code

To the Editor: The redevelopment of the hospital site will have a permanent impact on our community. Unfortunately, years of thoughtful planning by the community, government, and hospital have not…

Planning Board Must Not Be Duped By AvalonBay’s “Disingenuous Rhetoric”

To the Editor: Tomorrow, December 6, critical Planning Board hearings continue on AvalonBay’s proposal to stick a gated “private community” into Princeton’s emerging downtown. Hearing dates are December 6 (Thursday),…

Offensive Graffiti Should Be Removed From Signage at Entrance to Princeton

To the Editor: Recently I learned that a graffiti outlaw wrote an expletive on signage at the entrance of Princeton Township. Even though this sign will most likely be removed…

The New Farmhouse Store in Palmer Square Offers Array of Unique Furniture and Gifts

The Farmhouse Store at 43 Hulfish Street is barely a month old, and customers can’t wait to see the latest items. It is easy to understand why. The attractive store…

“Holiday Adornments” Unique Jewelry Showcase Will Be Held at Beth Ann Designs in Hopewell

Creating beautiful jewelry is the specialty of Beth Judge. And she is very aware of and grateful for her ability and talent to create. “I love doing this, and I…

Trustee of Battlefield Society Grateful For Support of Veterans Groups, Scouts

To the Editor: It has been months since the Planning Board approved the Institute for Advanced Study building application to construct 15 units on a piece of the Princeton Battlefield…

Proposed Redevelopment of Hospital Site A Disaster for Broader Princeton Community

To the Editor: I wish to express concerns about the proposed redevelopment of the Princeton Hospital site on Witherspoon Street. I believe realization of the proposal from AvalonBay would represent…

Town-Gown Relationship Failures Should Not Be Blamed on Tilghman

To the Editor: The University had a recent meeting with members of the community seeking advice in the selection of a new president to replace Shirley Tilghman. Their comments confirm…

Deer Victim of Hit and Run Event Should Alert Drivers to Be Careful

To the Editor: I write in anger. Driving home today along Faculty Road, I approached two deer standing right in the middle of the road. Fortunately, there was plenty of…

Elm Court and Harriet Bryan House Express Gratitude to Princeton Police

To the Editor: As time has passed since the impact of Hurricane Sandy, we have been able to contemplate how very fortunate the residents of Elm Court and Harriet Bryan…