Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

Former Teacher, Guidance Counselor Voting For Rush Holt in the August 13 Special Election

To the Editor: The governor has set a special election for August 13 and at this time I will proudly vote for Rush Holt. He has a 100 percent rating from the…

Saluting Rush Holt’s Fortitude On All Fronts, Especially Environment and Senate Campaign

To the Editor: As someone who has lived in Princeton primarily since 1968, one of my key privileges in recent years is being represented by Congressman Rush Holt. How rare…

Saving Valley Road School: Princeton Can And Should Put a Question on the Ballot

To the Editor: I want to thank the nearly 2,100 people who signed our petition regarding putting saving Valley Road School (VRS) on the ballot. The petition was carefully worded…

How Can the Board Speak of Fiduciary Responsibility To VRS-ARC After Allowing the Building to Fall Apart?

To the Editor: The hypocrisy of School Board president Tim Quinn’s justification for rejecting a citizen group’s proposal to save the older part of the Valley Road School (VRS) building,…

Library Director Regrets Any Inconvenience Caused by Recent Air Conditioning Issues

To the Editor, During the last few weeks we’ve all suffered from the effects of two extreme heat waves. Ordinarily the library serves as a “cooling center” for the community,…

Question of the Week: “How are you coping with the heat?” (Asked at the Community Park Pool)

Sveta: “I like to stay inside, close to the air conditioning.” Sasha: “I stay cool by drinking lots of water and if I’m not inside, near the air conditioning, I…

Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Books Needs Affordable Rental Space in Princeton

To the Editor: Princeton is a great place to live and work. One has only to note all the businesses beyond its boundaries that use the Princeton name. Clearly there…

It’s Time to Honor the Commitment Made to Medical Center, AvalonBay

To the Editor: I am writing in support of the proposed AvalonBay development on Witherspoon Street. When the Princeton hospital that had been built in 1919 was not allowed to…

Approve AvalonBay Now: Lack of Housing Is a Threat to the True Character of Princeton

To the Editor, I believe that AvalonBay’s application before the planning board should be approved. And I want to address comments made by many who oppose the development in the…

Tabling the Raises Now Is the Right Thing, Salary Proposal Can Be Reintroduced in 2014

To the Editor: I have been quite vocal about my concern over raising the salaries of the mayor and members of the Princeton Council at this time. Therefore I agree…