Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 60)

“He Didn’t Talk Down to Us”: Princeton Students Impressed by Dick Woodbridge

To the Editor: Last Saturday, a few friends (all Princeton students) and I attended a community barbecue. As we mingled with the other guests, we had the opportunity to speak…

The Community Knows What It Wants And Avalon Bay Refuses to Listen

To the Editor: Responding to one of the “Frequently Asked Questions” posted on the Princeton Healthcare System website www.princetonhcs.org “What will happen to the site of the original hospital?” Barry…

Readers Offer Reasons for “Yes” Vote On Public Schools’ Bond Referendum

To the Editor: We urge Princeton residents to vote YES on Monday, September 24, on the public schools’ bond referendum. If approved, the funds will pay for many necessary and…

Beware the Ides of Commodore Stockton: Renaming Two Buildings Is Not a Solution

To the Editor: In reviewing the steps taken during the initial stages of consolidation, we can only hope that our elected leadership keeps local resident, Commodore Robert Stockton in mind.…

Mayors Encourage Princeton Residents To Oppose “Misguided” Bill A-2586

To the Editor: The Mayors and Governing Bodies of the Borough and Township of Princeton are opposed to legislation which would exempt private colleges and universities from municipal zoning. S-1534…

Princeton Curbside Food Waste Program Had Been Left Out in Solicitation of Bids

To the Editor: I am deeply troubled to learn that our municipality has solicited bids for new contractors to haul Princeton’s waste without requiring that all the bids provide for…

Delicious Food, Lively Music, Conversation At Friends of Princeton Republicans Event

To the Editor: On behalf of myself, and the over 200 Republican, Democrat, and Independent affiliated attendees at the “Community Barbecue” on September 15, I would like to sincerely thank…

Penn’s Neck is Not a Jug Handle: An Eight-Point Report on Closures

To the Editor: 1. The streets in the older sections of Penn’s Neck are not wide enough to handle large volumes of traffic. In addition, there are no curbs and…

A Leader with Unmatched Experience, Dick Woodbridge Knows Princeton

To the Editor: I have attended several Woodbridge for Mayor events recently, including the inspiring Princeton Community Barbecue on Saturday. The absence of party labels and the bipartisan tenor of…

Former PTO President Knows Issues Bond Referendum is Trying to Resolve

To the Editor: I will be voting for the Princeton Public Schools bond referendum on September 24. I am a parent of children at both the middle school and high…