Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 5)

Does the Hospital Know the Number of People Who Pay Amounts Nobody Is Expected to Pay?

To the Editor: The exchange about Mr. Charlap’s medical bill [mailbox. December 31, 2014] reminded me of a situation that occurred some years ago when I was a volunteer teaching…

Donor to Princeton First Aid and Rescue Squad Pays a $785 Fee for Traveling Less Than 5 Miles

To the Editor: A $785 fee for traveling less than 5 miles. Unfortunately the high cost of a medical test in the Princeton area is not the end of the…

PFARS President Responds to Letter Complaining About High Cost of Service

To the Editor: The Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad (PFARS) is a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code. PFARS is run by volunteers and is…

New Look for Hyatt Regency Princeton Offers Amenities in Eye-Catching Setting

Dianne Pepe, CHS, director of sales and marketing at the Hyatt Regency Princeton, is enthusiastic about the hotel’s new look and friendly hospitality. “We completed a $20 million renovation last…

Mr. Rabner Claims Medicare Requires a Price But Does Not Say Who Is Responsible For It

To the Editor: In your article on the cost of echo cardiograms [“Rabner Questioned On High Cost of UMCPP Test,” page one, Dec. 24, 2014], Mr. Rabner never says where…

Author of N.Y. Times Article On High Cost Of Test Corrects Misleading Statement

To the Editor: I wanted to correct a misleading statement made by [UMCPP President and CEO] Barry Rabner in your article, about my New York Times article on the relatively…

Evidence Shows That All Cancer Patients Should Have Access to Cannabis Medicine

To the Editor: Regarding the article about treating lung cancer with cannabis [“IAS Professor’s ‘Adventures in Potland’ In Search of Treatment for Lung Cancer,” Topics of the Town, Dec, 24].…

Princeton Can Afford to Do Better For the PRS Food Service Workers

To the Editor: Food service workers in Princeton Public Schools make only about $9 an hour. Their paid holidays have been taken away, along with paid sick days and paid…

County Executive Encouraged by Support For Non-Binding Plastic Bag Referendum

To the Editor: In the recent November General Election, more than 27,000 Mercer County residents voted in support of a county measure aimed at helping our environment by reducing our…

Scrumptious Baked-To-Order Specialties Are Available from LilliPies Local Bakery

Everyone loves apple pie! And everyone is talking about LilliPies, the baked-to-order pastries that come in assorted flavors (apple and more!), sizes, and specialties. Chef/owner Jen Carson operates LilliPies, formerly…