Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 5)

It’s Time to Prepare for June 2 Primary By Reviewing Procedures and Deadlines 

To the Editor: The June 2 primary election may seem far in the future, but to be sure you’re ready to vote as you choose, please review the following procedures…

Nelson Glass Company Suggests a Way To Honor Alice Kent’s 50 Years of Service

To the Editor: On November 14, 1964, Alice Kent came to work for my dad at Nelson Glass Company. Fifty years later, we wanted to find a meaningful way for Alice’s…

Friday March 13 Was a Lucky Night For People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos

To the Editor: Friday the 13th was a lucky night for People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos (P&S/G&C). Enthusiastic supporters gathered at the Nassau Club to hear celebrated poet James Richardson…

Mercer Jewish Family and Children’s Service Noting Community Support of Illumination Ball

To the Editor: On behalf of the Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Greater Mercer County (JFCS), I would like to offer my gratitude for the overwhelming community support of…

Biggest Turnout Ever for McCarter’s “Relaxed Performance” of Baskerville

To the Editor: McCarter Theatre was delighted to present a Relaxed Performance of Ken Ludwig’s Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery on March 18 to an audience of 427 guests. A…

Recognizing Fresh Air Fund Volunteers As National Volunteer Week Approaches

To the Editor: National Volunteer Week marks a special time of the year for The Fresh Air Fund, and I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere…

Parents and Members of Princeton Community Urge Board, PREA to End Contract Dispute 

To the Editor: We, the undersigned, are parents and members of the Princeton community. We are writing to urge members of the Board of Education and the teacher’s union (PREA)…

PPS Parent Faults Both Board and Teachers For Brinksmanship When Children Are Losing

To the Editor: As a parent with children in the Princeton Public Schools I have watched with deepening concern over the past several months as the contract dispute between the…

Rebutting Former Planning Board Member’s Letter Espousing “Wishes of the Majority”

To the Editor: Peter Madison’s letter [“Former Member of Planning Board Faults Frequent Lawsuits Initiated by Self Interest,” Mailbox, March 18] displays the same contempt for contrary opinion that he…

Urging Members of Princeton Council To Pass Upcoming Plastic Bag Ordinance

To the Editor: It’s decision time for Princeton: Will we continue in the forefront of sustainability efforts throughout New Jersey, as we do now? A plastic bag ordinance will come…