Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

Glorious Weather, Book-Loving Community Help Make This Fall’s Book Sale Best Ever

To the Editor: The Friends of the Princeton Public Library held their Annual Book Sale the weekend of September 27 – 29. Aided by glorious weather and a book-loving community,…

New Dinky Location A Very Long Walk If One is Pulling or Carrying Luggage

To the Editor: I write today because I am so deeply disturbed by the arrogant attitude of Princeton University toward the town and community of Princeton. The Dinky station has…

Princeton’s “Awful” Streets and Roads Inspire a Limerick Inspired by Toads

To the Editor: Town Topics readers don’t complain as much as they should about our awful roads, which such a wealthy town shouldn’t countenance. The pavement on most Princeton roads…

Open Letter to Governor Chris Christie On Behalf of Washington Crossing Park

Dear Governor Christie: I applaud your efforts on behalf of the shore, but I am writing about New Jersey’s significantly historic Washington Crossing Park. I wish to “rock the boat”…

Question of the Week: “Do you read out loud or to yourself and what are some of your favorite books?” (Asked at the Princeton Public Library’s Children’s Book Festival Saturday)

Celia: “Bad Kitty and I like to read to myself.” Zoe: “I read to myself, Amelia Bedelia is my favorite.” —Celia (left) and Zoe Totaro, Flemington “Aesop in California and…

EFES Mediterranean Grill on Nassau Street Offers a Variety of Middle Eastern Dishes

Lunch, dinner, take-out, and catering are all available at EFES Mediterranean Grill. Opened in February 2012 at 235 B Nassau Street, it has attracted a growing number of customers who…

Delightful Variety of Gifts and Accessories Are Available at Amy’s Home & Garden Store

Whether they are traditional Hummel figures, Gund bears, Snowbabies, Disney and Sesame Street characters, Dept 56 villages, or garden features and unique plant irrigation systems, the selection at Amy’s Home…

After Princeton Council Candidates Debate: Fausta Rodriguez Wertz the Right Alternative

To the Editor: With a few other concerned Princeton residents, I attended the Princeton Council’s debate last Monday at the Monument Hall. The three candidates are two incumbents, Jenny Crumiller…

“An Erasure of Language”: Streamlined Minutes “Court Disaster” for “Democratic Transparency”

To the Editor: Princeton Council has decided, on a trial basis, to “streamline” the way in which sessions are represented in the official minutes (as reported in Town Topics, Sept.…

Thanking School Board and PPS District Staff For Adding Composting Collection to Schools

To the Editor: As we are in full back-to-school mode, I want to thank the school board and PPS district staff for adding a composting collection to their waste contract…