Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

Candidate for Princeton Council Acknowledges Supporters, Press Coverage, Even Democrats

To the Editor: I want to sincerely express my thanks to the 35 percent of Princeton voters who cast their ballots for me on November 5 and wrote letters to…

Yes We CAN! Food Drives Will Collect At West Windsor Farmers’ Market Saturday

To the Editor: I have been a community activist since 1970 when my husband Bill and I moved to West Windsor, but nothing has given me greater satisfaction than my…

An Array of Furniture for Every Room Is Available at Contemporary Designs

“People will come in and say ‘My parents got this piece from your grandparents, and it lasted forever. I want that furniture too, that same quality.’” Roberto Hajek, owner of…

Pearl S. Buck International in Bucks County Continues the Lifelong Work of Pearl Buck

Winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature and the Pulitzer Prize for her memorable book, The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck was a prolific writer, author of more than 100…

Diane Ravitch’s Inflammatory Princeton Speeches Misrepresent the State of Charters in New Jersey

To the Editor: Diane Ravitch’s recent Princeton speeches let down Princeton residents seeking thoughtful remarks on the state of education, who instead got inflammatory rhetoric. Ms. Ravitch misrepresented the state…

A Post-Election Letter of Congratulations And Thanks to PCDO Candidates, Others

To the Editor: I want to congratulate Jenny Crumiller and Patrick Simon on their re-election to Princeton Town Council. Congratulations also to Princeton’s own Andrew Koontz for his re-election as…

Thoughts After Attending Meeting Of the Traffic and Transit Task Force

To the Editor: At the public meeting of the task force dealing with traffic and transit issues in town, held last Saturday at the University, several attendees advanced the belief…

HiTOPS Half Marathon Made Possible Through Collaboration of Many People

To the Editor: Last Sunday HiTOPS presented the inaugural Princeton Half Marathon. We want to thank the many people and organizations that helped make this a wonderful community event for…

Question of the Week: “Who are you thinking of on this Veteran’s Day?” (Asked during the Veteran’s Day Ceremony at All Wars Monument)

“I’m thinking about a lot of the soldiers that I served with overseas.  I’m thinking about these older gentlemen that I see here today.  They really have stories to tell,…

The Bar Method Princeton on Emmons Drive Offers Targeted Body-Sculpting Workout

Standing at the bar has taken on a whole new meaning for many who are enthusiastically embracing The Bar Method! This special workout program is now available in Princeton, with…