Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

University’s Hubris in Dinky Power Struggle Reveals Its Disregard for Community Welfare

To the Editor: I don’t understand where the upside potential is for the litigation engaged in by Save the Dinky [“Citizen Group Still Fighting Dinky Move,” Town Topics, August 28).…

Question of the Week: “What is your favorite neighborhood or street in Princeton?”

“I like Bank Street because time has stopped there. It’s still a neighborhood, it’s intimate and close. It’s pre-car. It feels very authentic. It’s not impacted by the community or…

PHS Student Works for Sustainable Princeton, Hoping to Drum Up Interest in Pilot Program

To the Editor, I am a Princeton resident, member of Boy Scout Troop 43, and soon to be a senior at Princeton High School. This year, I received my Eagle…

“Avid” Mailbox Reader Asks, “Princeton, Just How Sustainable Are We, Really?”

To the Editor: As an avid reader of the Mailbox for many years, I want to state my general feelings regarding the general theme of the environmental issues that have…

Some Thoughts on the Crisis in Trenton From Coach at Trenton Catholic Academy

To the Editor: The story in the August 21 issue [“Volunteers from Princeton Say They Won’t Abandon Capital City in Crisis”] is very enlightening regarding the problems in Trenton. Giving…

For the Sake of Residents of Former Borough,Yard Waste Collection Policy Should Change

To the Editor: Princeton’s new yard waste collection policy needs to be changed. An unintended result of consolidation is that the Municipality Formerly Known as the Borough now finds itself…

Texan Visiting Princeton Experiences Special Act of Kindness On a Rainy Day

To the Editor: Last week I experienced kindness from a man in Princeton. I attended a conference and enjoyed being in your city. But a special action on Tuesday, August…

Question of the Week: “What are you most looking forward to about going back to school?”

Andy: “The yummy cookies after lunch.” Bailey: “My new teacher and gym class.” —Andy Cook (left), 3rd grader, and Bailey Cook, 1st grader, Eldridge Park School, Lawrenceville. Jake: “I’m looking forward…

Suggesting a Roman Solution to Princeton’s Giant, Gas-Guzzling, Traffic-Snarling Busses

To the Editor: Now that the southern access to the community has been compromised by the “Arts” construction, a critical element of our quality-of-life has been dramatized even more than…

Calling On Mayor, Council, and Parents To Do Right By the Valley Road Building

To the Editor: As a Princeton resident and taxpayer, with no strings attached, I want to express my opinion on the Valley Road Building’s fate. I support the letters written…