Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

HiTOPS TeenPEP Sex Ed Curriculum Is Based On “A Far Different Morality”

To the Editor: We write concerning the November 3 Half Marathon that took place here in Princeton and in response to Dr. Elizabeth Casparian’s letter to the editor from November…

The Lewis School’s Radiant Tree of Light Has Inspired People All Over the World

To the Editor: Everyone who drives to and from Princeton during the holiday season is greeted with a radiant light that shines so brightly against the nighttime sky; the word…

Talented Choristers of The American Boychoir Have Lifted Their Voices in Song for 76 Years

Founded in Columbus, Ohio in 1937, The American Boychoir (originally the Columbus Boychoir) came to Princeton in 1950, and has been an important part of the cultural life of the…

Full Range of Repair, Maintenance, and Management Is Available From Total Home Manager in Hopewell

Imagine not having to worry about the leak in the roof, cleaning the gutters, shoveling snow, waiting for the plumber, or painting the house! This is exactly the scenario that…

Question of the Week: “What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?”

“Family — it’s a time when family comes together. Spending time with loved ones. It’s a time to relax, a time to get together, and reconnect over good food.” —Wok…

Newly Elected Member of School Board Thanks Voters, League, Special Ed PTO

To The Editor: I would like to thank the voters for their support of my candidacy for Princeton’s School Board. I’m very humbled and honored to have been elected. I…

Questioning Princeton University’s Policy Of Collecting Money for Places in Dinky Lot

To the Editor: While we fully supported Princeton’s plan to develop the Arts Center, we now feel duped — paying Princeton taxes and being marginalized by the University’s insensitivity. Why…

“Parents for Sex Ed Choice” Approach Denies Teens Info, Reduces “Choice”

To The Editor As one of the Princeton Rotary Club volunteers who prepared food for the HiTOPS half-marathon runners and spectators, I noted with interest the letter from Wai Far…

Question of the Week: “What pet has been your favorite and why was it so special?” (Asked at the SAVE New Beginnings Ceremony)

Beatrice: “I had a turtle when I was younger. I named it Cocoa and it’s been my favorite pet so far. Cocoa was a yellowbellied turtle. And he used to…

Parents for Sex Ed Choice Respond To Half-Marathon Benefitting HiTOPS

To the Editor: We write in response to the November 3 Princeton Half-Marathon, which benefited HiTOPS, an adolescent health organization in Princeton, and the November 13 letter in Town Topics…