Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

Passions, Interests, Local Politics: A Madisonian Argument for the Re-election of Jo Butler

To the Editor: On the front page of the January 8 Town Topics [“Miller and Nemeth Join Forces for Council Run”], a Princeton political elite is quoted as saying ”There…

Some Suggestions for Helping Princeton Deal With Leaves, Financially and Environmentally

To the Editor: The way we deal with fallen leaves in Princeton is not sustainable financially or environmentally. In 2010 it was estimated that it cost the then-Township and Borough…

Princeton Residents Joining to Endorse Candidacies of Bernie Miller, Sue Nemeth

To the Editor: We are writing to strongly endorse the candidacies of Bernie Miller and Sue Nemeth for the Princeton Council. One year into the consolidated Princeton, we are still…

A Call for Princeton Democrats to Serve Their Community by Running for Council

To the Editor: In 2014, year two of the new consolidated Princeton, two seats on the Princeton Council will be up for election. As the President of the Princeton Community…

Cugino’s Italian Specialties in Pennington Offers Wide Array of Fresh Food Choices

“Italian food is comfort food. It tastes good. I could eat it seven days a week!” Ben Sanford, manager and co-owner with chef Joe Egitto, of Cugino’s Italian Specialties in…

Question of the Week: “How do you spend the day if you are stuck at home due to snow?” (Asked at Springdale golf course)

Julian: “I like it when my mom makes whipped cream. I like to scoop it and eat it. I like being with my friends.” Nathan: “Eat cookies and drink hot…

A Question of Honor: PU Tenured Faculty Should Complain About Moving the Dinky

To the Editor: More and more people are complaining about Princeton University moving the Dinky station, but few do anything about it. That’s a pity because the University’s new arts…

Training Your Brain to Tame Your Cravings Is the Target of The CogniDiet(TM) Program

“I  have been on a diet so many times, but the weight always comes back.” “I know all about calorie counting, fat content, portion control, so why am I still…

Custom Kitchens, Baths, and Renovations Are Specialty of Cranbury Design Center

“Our clients count on us. They know that we do what we say we are going to do.” Kim Evans, general manager, strategic marketing (and former founding partner) of Cranbury…

HomeFront Christmas Wishes Drive Helps 2,000 of Area’s Poorest Kids

To the Editor: Thank you to the generous and loving individuals who made sure that Christmas morning will be merry and bright for over 2,000 of our area’s poorest kids…