Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

Hospital Neighbor Is Concerned About AvalonBay’s Grasp of Demolition Risks

To the Editor: Living across the road from the hospital site brings up a number of concerns, not the least of them is concern about AvalonBay’s planning with regards…

Ninth Annual ETS Firecracker 5K Run/Walk Raised $20,000 for Bilingual Nursery School

To the Editor: On behalf of the Bilingual Nursery School at the YWCA Princeton, I would like to thank the many people who contributed to the success of the 9th…

Municipal Code for the MRRO Zone Requires Affordable Set-Aside of Two Units in Townhouses

To the Editor: We’re pleased that Jon Vogel has made a commitment to an equitable redistribution of affordable housing units as a part of the AvalonBay Princeton project. But…

Question of the Week: “What are some of your favorite barbecued foods and summertime drinks?”

Chris: “My favorite summertime drinks are Pimms No. 1 followed by gin and tonic, and my favorite barbecued food would be burgers.” Livia: “Orange juice.” —Chris Hughes with daughter, Livia,…

Governor’s Latest Budget Underfunds Schools, Gives Corporations Over $200 Million in Tax Cuts

To the Editor, I am extremely disappointed by the decision of New Jersey legislators to give Governor Christie’s latest budget a rubber stamp. The budget the governor just signed underfunds…

Threat of Silent Spring From Your Own Kitty? Cat Owners Should Keep Their Pets Inside

To the Editor: This spring I noticed what I did not hear in the morning hours — sounds of multiple birds greeting the dawn in my “tree street” neighborhood. It…

Princeton Ridge Being Solid Rock, Will Require Constant Dynamiting

To the Editor: I have not been able to get to any of the meetings about the proposed pipeline through the Princeton Ridge. But I do want everyone involved to…

Concerning Garden Waste Service in Consolidated Princeton: Is the Loaf of Bread Getting Smaller?

To the Editor: We, the residents of the former Princeton Borough and Princeton Township, voted in good faith for the consolidation of the two municipalities with the hope for more…

Thanks to Composting, Size of Regular Weekly Trash Has Shrunk Significantly

To the Editor: Just a quick note to say that the new town composting program is great. We have a compost pile in our back yard, but we obviously didn’t…

Valley Road School Adaptive Reuse Committee Thanks 128-and-Counting Petition Signers

To the Editor: We would like to thank the 128 (and counting) public-minded Princetonians who signed the petition to save the Valley Road School that was included in the June…