Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

Supporting Bernie Miller and Sue Nemeth: Council Needs to Work as a Team of Six

To the Editor: Princeton needs leaders on Council who will work as a team of six to navigate the many decisions that still need to be made to realize the…

Clarifying Assumptions in Article About Feb. 23 Forum on Navigating Life’s Issues

To the Editor: We would like to correct some wrong assumptions made in a February 12 article concerning our forum, Navigating Life’s Issues, to be held on Sunday, February 23,…

“No Good Deed Goes Unpunished”: Taking Issue With Criticism of Sustainable Princeton

To the Editor: Alas! Poor Sustainable Princeton does not seem to be able to do anything right [“Efforts by Sustainable Princeton to Address Problems May Be Inadequate, Misdirected,” Mailbox Feb.…

Supporting Jo Butler Because of Her Crucial Contributions in First Year of Consolidation

To the Editor: I am writing as a Princeton Council colleague of Jo Butler’s to wholeheartedly support her reelection. Jo is an outstanding council member. Having served as a Borough…

Christmas Decorations Inspire an Unknown Princeton Neighbor to an Act of Kindness

To the Editor: This letter is written because of a random act of kindness that occurred over the Christmas holidays. Every year my family takes pride in placing out hundreds…

Question of the Week: “What are some of your favorite love stories?”

Susan: “I love The Lady and the Tramp. My favorite scene is when they’re eating the spaghetti.” Jasper: “At the end of Up, the boy finds a father. That’s my…

Proposing an Open Democratic Primary To Offset PCDO’s Endorsement Meetings

To the Editor: Recent letters to the Editor have showcased the competition for the local Democratic club endorsement for Princeton Council between former Borough resident Jo Butler and a slate…

Residents Should Know About Princeton’s Italian Heritage, First Generation Italians

To the Editor: I just read the Town Topics obituary of the passing of Mrs. Ida Perna, whom I did not have the honor of knowing. It brought to mind all…

Watershed Association Working Hard To Protect and Restore Clean Water

To the Editor: In just the second month of 2014, dirty water reports are an all too common occurrence, with major chemical and coal ash spills into drinking water sources…

If Planet Is Warming, Why This Snow And the Coldest January in Ten Years?

To the Editor: If the planet is warming, then why have we been the ambivalent recipients of recurrent snowstorms and the coldest January in ten years? A brief tour of…