Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 45)

New Title Boxing Club Princeton Facility Opens in Nassau Park Pavilion on Route One

Spring is here — officially — even if the weather is still chilly. Nevertheless, bathing suit season is right around the corner, and it’s not too late to get those…

Artemis Boutique in Princeton Forrestal Village Showcases Fine Art, Jewelry, and Accessories

When they step inside, shoppers are reluctant to leave Artemis Boutique in Princeton Forrestal Village. As one customer said recently, “This is a hidden gem! Artemis Boutique is truly unique.…

Still Concerned and Confused by Prejudging Of Chief Dudeck, a Top-Of-The-Line Officer

To the Editor: After attending the special council meeting that was to decide the fate of Police Chief David Dudeck, I came away more concerned, more confused. I do not…

Other Towns Have Dealt With Leaf Blowers; It Would be “Wonderful” if We Did the Same

To the Editor: Every so often there is a flurry of letters to Town Topics deploring the use of leaf blowers. Other than allowing writers to vent their frustration, no…

If Time Has Come to Tame the Kiosks,Their Accessibility Must Be Preserved

To the Editor: The fact that some find our kiosks too exuberantly democratic is no excuse for Council to accept the ‘partnership” proposed by the Chamber of Commerce and recently…

Enthusiastic Participant Reports Back On “Read Out,” A New Kind of Project

To the Editor During the week of April 7-13 I was able to participate in what for me was a new kind of civic project — a “Read-Out”. A Read-Out…

In Honor of Earth Day, Sustainable Princeton Offers Advice on Best Sources of Green Energy

To the Editor: Why not honor earth day and choose an electric or gas company that offers renewable energy? If you are like us, you may be wondering if it…

On National Volunteer Appreciation Week We Should Embrace the Volunteer in All of Us

To the Editor: In recognition of National Volunteer Appreciation Week (April 21-27), I would like to encourage readers to celebrate the extraordinary people who donate their time to improve our…

Thanks to All Who Shared Time, Talents, Contributions to International Community Day

To the Editor: We would like to thank all the individuals, volunteers, YWCA Princeton English as Second Language (ESL) students, organizations and community business owners who shared their time, talents,…

ALL IN A DAY’S WORK: Jon Cross

Tall and slim with curly dark hair, Jon Cross has a craggy look that most actors would kill for. Add a gravelly voice and you’re tempted to wonder why Mr.…