Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 4)

“Where Once the Dinky Stopped” Caption Inspires Reference to “Culture of Impunity” 

To the Editor: I applaud your recent front-page photo of Blair Hall, where, you note, the Dinky once stopped. On June 25, Henry Posner III, chair of Railroad Development Corporation…

Arts Council’s Fall Open House Draws Hundreds of New and Familiar Faces

To the Editor: September 14 was an extremely busy and exciting Sunday in downtown Princeton. We would like to thank everyone who stopped by the Arts Council of Princeton’s annual…

After 311,000 Join Sunday’s Climate March: Another Aspect of What Can Bring Change

To the Editor: This Sunday saw a huge outpouring of concern for our planet and how changes in its climate, both past and expected in the near future, have had…

Question of the Week: “What do you like to cook and what did you learn about cooking today?” (Asked Sunday at Community Park School’s Send Hunger Packing Event with celebrity chef Brian Duffy)

Sofia: “I like cooking baked goods like cupcakes and brownies. I learned today about the spices to put in the fried rice.” Mei: “I like cooking pasta. I learned today…

Time to Put an End to Attempted Blocking Of Institute’s Amended Faculty Housing Plan

To the Editor: The time has come to put an end to endless objections to the perfectly reasonable and legal request of The Institute for Advanced Study to build needed…

At the Public Hearing on Fracking, Princeton Should Examine Its Own Natural Gas Consumption

To the Editor: The introduction of an ordinance to ban hydraulic fracturing (fracking) in Princeton (“New Ordinance Would Ban Fracking,” Town Topics, August 6) is timely given the concern about…

“Cost Saving” Council’s “Self-Serving” Pay Increase “Out of Sync with Reality”

To the Editor So, our recently consolidated, “cost saving” government has voted in favor of raises for themselves; 16 percent for the mayor, 33 percent for council members and 66…

IAS Faculty Housing Plan Deserves Wholehearted Support of Planning Board, Princeton Community

To the Editor: The Institute for Advanced Study has shown extraordinary sensitivity to both the community and to the historic site of the Battle of Princeton in bringing forward its…

Become an “Awareness Messenger” By Joining Komen Race for the Cure

To the Editor: Why is raising breast cancer awareness still important today? Because early detection saves lives! Women’s lives are precious and valued. Children and many others depend on them,…

Question of the Week: “What is your favorite neighborhood or street in Princeton and where would you prefer to live?”

Lauren: “I would want to live with my husband in one of the eating club mansions on Prospect Avenue.” David: “I would want to live on top of Hoagie Haven.”…