Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 4)

Princeton Democratic Municipal Committee Encourages Local Democrats to Get Involved

To the Editor: As chair of the Princeton Democratic Municipal Committee and as president of the Princeton Community Democratic Organization, we are writing to encourage all Princeton Democrats to consider…

Let’s Help Stop Spread of Infectious Diseases By Passing an Earned Sick Days Ordinance

To the Editor: Two recent events demonstrate that in addition to doing what’s right for all our workers, there are very pragmatic reasons for the Town to adopt an ordinance…

Some in Attendance at Maltz Hearing Mention “Possible Impropriety, Miscarried Justice”

To the Editor: Apparently, in New Jersey, a psychiatrist is considered independent even when he or she is hired and paid by a defendant’s family, as was the case in…

Does the Hospital Know the Number of People Who Pay Amounts Nobody Is Expected to Pay?

To the Editor: The exchange about Mr. Charlap’s medical bill [mailbox. December 31, 2014] reminded me of a situation that occurred some years ago when I was a volunteer teaching…

Donor to Princeton First Aid and Rescue Squad Pays a $785 Fee for Traveling Less Than 5 Miles

To the Editor: A $785 fee for traveling less than 5 miles. Unfortunately the high cost of a medical test in the Princeton area is not the end of the…

PFARS President Responds to Letter Complaining About High Cost of Service

To the Editor: The Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad (PFARS) is a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code. PFARS is run by volunteers and is…

New Look for Hyatt Regency Princeton Offers Amenities in Eye-Catching Setting

Dianne Pepe, CHS, director of sales and marketing at the Hyatt Regency Princeton, is enthusiastic about the hotel’s new look and friendly hospitality. “We completed a $20 million renovation last…

Mr. Rabner Claims Medicare Requires a Price But Does Not Say Who Is Responsible For It

To the Editor: In your article on the cost of echo cardiograms [“Rabner Questioned On High Cost of UMCPP Test,” page one, Dec. 24, 2014], Mr. Rabner never says where…

Author of N.Y. Times Article On High Cost Of Test Corrects Misleading Statement

To the Editor: I wanted to correct a misleading statement made by [UMCPP President and CEO] Barry Rabner in your article, about my New York Times article on the relatively…

Evidence Shows That All Cancer Patients Should Have Access to Cannabis Medicine

To the Editor: Regarding the article about treating lung cancer with cannabis [“IAS Professor’s ‘Adventures in Potland’ In Search of Treatment for Lung Cancer,” Topics of the Town, Dec, 24].…