Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 4)

Memorial Day Brings Thoughts of Civilians’ Need To Dedicate Themselves to a Shared Struggle

To the Editor: Every time Memorial Day comes around (or July 4th or Veterans’ Day, for that matter) it feels more disconnected from reality. Yes, it’s important to acknowledge those…

In Primary Almost 70 Percent of Democrats Did Not Vote, Half Used Only One Vote

To the Editor: I agree with Anthony Lunn’s wish that there be a real effort to include differing views rather than to continue efforts to pack the Princeton Council with…

The Institute’s Amended Plan for Faculty Housing Deserves Support of Community, Planning Board

To the Editor: For many years the Institute for Advanced Study has been a responsible and public-spirited steward of its lands. Indeed, the preservation of the site of the Princeton…

“Time for Dinner,” On-line Food Service, Offers Menus, Recipes, and Instructions

What’s for dinner? Finally — that age-old question has been answered. Time for Dinner, the new on-line subscription food service has solved the problem! It provides weekly menus, recipes, and…

With Primary Over, Mayor Lempert Urges Council To Move On to Focus on Challenges, Opportunities

To the Editor: I want to congratulate my colleagues, Bernie Miller and Jo Butler, for their victories last Tuesday. And I want to thank Bernie, Jo, and Sue Nemeth for…

Nemeth Addresses Fellow Democrats, Congratulates Miller, Butler, Coleman

To the Editor: To my fellow Democrats, words cannot begin to express my gratitude for your spirit and support throughout the primary season in Princeton. Though we may not always…

District-by-District Voting Data Reveals Unspoken Reality of Primary Campaign

To the Editor, The most divisive event in Princeton since the Consolidation vote — is now over — thank goodness. The introduction of a “slate” of two candidates against one…

A Thank You to the Citizens of New Jersey For Helping Win Bid to Host Special Olympics

To the Editor: More than three years ago Special Olympics New Jersey was very proud to write, submit, and win the bid to host the 2014 Special Olympics USA Games…

Butler Thanks Supporters in a Primary That Has Been “A Lesson in Democracy”

To the Editor: I am delighted to be a Democratic nominee for Council in November 2014, and I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to those who supported my candidacy.…

Question of the Week: “What are you doing for your father this Father’s Day?”

“We’re planning to give him swim lessons and new flip flops, he needs new ones.” —  Ella Jones, Princeton Joe: “We’re going to play a round of golf at our…