Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Question of the Week: “What are your favorite ways to eat peaches?”

“I like to eat peaches with whipped cream and ice cream.” —Maya Hanewald, Lawrenceville “I like peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top.” —Gianna Timberlake, Lawrenceville Nestor: “I like…

Princeton Ophthalmologist Stephen Felton, M.D. Publishes His Mother’s Memoir of the Holocaust

“A deep night Blacker than the blackness of eyes. Has fallen silently On the World.” —David Vogel Everyone has a story, and frequently it is surprising. One thinks he or…

Board Responds to PREA: In this Economic Landscape Negotiations Can No Longer Follow “Zero Sum” Model

To the Editor: We appreciate this opportunity to address last week’s letter [“PREA Notes That PPS Board of Education Is Once Again Spreading Misinformation”] from the negotiations team of the…

Mayor, Council, Human Services Commission Praised for Making Wage Ordinance a Reality

To the Editor: “A day’s work for a day’s pay” — this is a basic American idea. We all believe it and now it is law in Princeton. I am…

Resident Offers Clarification in Response To Characterization of Remarks to Council

To the Editor: The following points are in response to the characterization of what I said at the July 28 Council meeting as reported in the July 30 Town Topics…

Union Member Says Public Should Know Unions Donate Members’ Money to Politicians Without Their Permission 

To the Editor: It was amazing to read the story on page one of the July 30 issue [“Princeton is First To Push Legislation On Political Corruption”] and see absolutely…

Question of the Week: “Is there an antique car or a car in your past you consider your all-time favorite and where do you like to go for a Sunday drive? (Asked at Friday’s Antique Car event at Morven)

“A Studebaker from 1927.  We own one and keep it at our home in Narragansett, Rhode Island.  Every Sunday we drive it and go get ice cream.  My wife Heather…

Spotlight on Summer Shopping and Fall Trends As Princeton Stores Offer Sales and Events

The spotlight is still on summer shopping, but fall fashion is on the horizon, to, as the Princeton stores offer an array of styles and choices. In addition, sales, promotions,…

PREA Notes That PPS Board of Education Is Once Again Spreading Misinformation

To the Editor: The Princeton Regional Education Association (PREA) negotiations team needs to correct misinformation presented to the public by the Princeton Public Schools (PPS) Board of Education (BOE). At…

Without Equitable Facilities, We Are Failing In A Fundamental Aspect Of Bicycle Advocacy 

To the Editor: Regarding John Frederick’s letter to the editor  [“No Effort Seems to Be Spent on Impressing Local Cyclists With Their Responsibilities,” Mailbox, July 16], one could easily argue…