Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Response to Letter on Christie’s Budget Says Raising Corporate Taxes Would Be Misguided

Editor’s Note: The letter below is addressed to Mary Ellen Marino, in response to her letter in the June 25 Mailbox [“Christie Wants to Balance Budget on Pensions of ‘Retirees…

Question of the Week: What are your plans for the 4th of July? (Asked at the Historical Society of Princeton’s baseball game at Greenway Meadows Park)

“We’re going down to Maryland’s Eastern shore, specifically to Kent Island to visit our daughter and grandson. Other plans are to have crabs and beer.” —John and Merlene Tucker, Princeton…

Christie Wants to Balance Budget on Pensions Of “Retirees Like Me” and Current State Workers

To the Editor: Just before the New Jersey Budget deadline Governor Christie has acknowledged that he cannot balance the budget. His proposal is to break his promise to fund the…

Institute Housing Plan Before Board Should Be Dismissed — Better, It Should Not Be Heard

To the Editor: I have followed closely over the last five years, the developments around the IAS (Institute for Advanced Study) plans before the Princeton Planning Board to build 15…

Fossil-Fuel-Emitting Trucks Owned by Town Should Be Turned Off When Not in Use

To the Editor: On a recent morning jog through Community Park, I saw five large trucks belonging to our Public Works Department parked smack in the middle of the path…

Area Restaurants With Their Own Gardens Offer Fresh, Flavorful Summertime Specials

Summertime specialties gathered right from the garden are hard to resist. They are unmatched for freshness and flavor, and more and more restaurants in the area are featuring adjacent or…

Princeton Soccer Experience Specialty Store Is Very Popular, Especially During World Cup

“It’s soccer here, but in the rest of the world, it’s football — not to be confused with our own American football. By whatever name, it is zooming in popularity,…

Question of the Week: “What are you looking forward to reading this summer and will you be reading it as a book, tablet, or e-reader?”

Sydney: “I’m looking forward to reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green because I’ve heard so much about it and it’s been made into a big movie and…

Question of the Week: “What is your dream vacation?”

Carin: “I’d love to travel to Australia sometime during our wintertime. It’s a place I’ve never been but have always dreamed of going there. I’d love to travel around that…

It’s Time for the Battlefield Society to Stop Regulatory, Litigious Harassment of IAS

To the Editor: The Institute for Advanced Study is now into the third year of its formal efforts to obtain final approval of plans for faculty housing on its lands…