Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

The Process May Be Messy But Is Preferable To Anything Stage Managed Behind the Scenes

To the Editor: I have been gratified to read the many letters to the editor from local Democrats, in support of candidates for Princeton Council. Most of the letters have…

Divisiveness, Dysfunction Cost Time, Money and Staff Morale

To the Editor: We have three very passionate people running for two open positions. So the question is how to select two out of the three. One of the hopes…

In First Year of Consolidation Jo Butler Voted with Majority 97 Percent of the Time

To the Editor: Jo Butler — a lifelong progressive Democrat and dedicated public servant — deserves a second term on the Princeton Council. Her focus on budget details and her commitment…

Backlash Against Jo Butler’s Performance Can Be Traced to Two Important Points

To the Editor: People often ask, “What’s the back-story behind the effort to oust Jo?” It’s a valid and important question. I believe the backlash against Jo’s strong performance can…

The Two Essential Qualities of Leadership: Working Collaboratively, Inspiring Respect

To the Editor: I write in support of Sue Nemeth and Bernie Miller for Princeton Council. During more than two-and-a-half years of work on consolidation I came to realize that…

As Monarch Butterflies Begin Annual Flight North, They Face Tougher Odds

To the Editor: Even if March finally brings relief from winter’s chill, this spring is sending a shiver down my spine. March is when the monarch butterflies take wing from…

Question of the Week: “What are you hoping to find today and did you come across any surprises?” (Asked at the Bryn Mawr-Wellesley Book Sale)

“I was hoping to find some older copies of some books that I teach. I did find an older copy of Hamlet. My students have been curious about whether Shakespeare…

Allowing AvalonBay to Direct Environmental, Demolition Decisions Puts Profit Before Safety

To the Editor: The environmental picture at AvalonBay Princeton is growing worse. At the March 10 Council meeting, we learned some disturbing facts. Firstly, that AvalonBay’s tactics of intimidation are…

Traffic Signals at Washington/Prospect Crossing Have Led to Several Close Calls

To the Editor: Re pedestrian safety in Princeton: I’m wondering why the red pedestrian “don’t walk” hand controlling the crossing of Washington Road at Prospect Avenue doesn’t automatically change to…

Jo Butler Is Not Afraid to Voice Differing Opinion in Interest of Fostering Discussion

To the Editor:  Beyond a doubt Councilwoman Jo Butler has proven she deserves your consideration and support for another term at the dais. She worked hard representing the former Borough,…