Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Thanking Nurse, Physician’s Assistant At UMCPP For Kindness, Compassion

To the Editor: On October 2, I injured my left eye. I went to the Emergency Room at the Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro. I want to thank Christine,…

Let’s Bask in the Hypocrisy of Princeton Patting Itself on Its Sustainable Back

To the Editor: Glad we are patting ourselves on the back regarding the LEED Silver designation. Take a step back and let’s bask in the hypocrisy. Funny how Sustainable Princeton…

Question of the Week: “What are some of your favorite fall activities?” (Asked at Witherspoon Grill’s Harvest Festival Sunday)

Natasha: “Jumping in the leaf piles and Halloween.” Janet: “Trick or treating and going to the apple orchard.” —Janet Munie (right) with daughter Natasha, Princeton Malique: “Halloween, pie eating contests,…

Group Is Determined to Delay, Disregard Planning Board’s Decision on Institute Plan

To The Editor: Last month I attended the meeting of the Princeton Planning Board where the Institute for Advanced Study’s plan for new faculty housing was once again on the…

Board of Ed Speaks of “Middle Ground” But Has Not Moved Toward Any “Middle”

To the Editor: The tone of the most recent letter from three members of the Board of Education of Princeton Public Schools (PPS) is quite ironic. They seem to accuse…

For the Second Contract in a Row, The Board Proposes to Take Away PREA Members’ Future

To the Editor: In last week’s letter to the editor [“Real Issue from Board’s Point of View Is Sustainability of Quality Education”], the three Board members who sit on the…

Senior Residents Will Face Physical Challenges, Expenses, If Council Approves Sidewalk Project

To the Editor: As long-time residents of Princeton and senior citizens, my wife and I oppose an ordinance that is before the mayor and Council of Princeton that would force…

ALL IN A DAY’S WORK: Princeton Police Officer Shahid Abdul-Karim

Local Princeton Police Officer Shahid Abdul-Karim is well-known in the Princeton community. He grew up at Princeton Community Village (PCV) on Bunn Drive where he is often called upon to…

Real Issue From Board’s Point of View Is Sustainability of Quality Education

To the Editor: In the Princeton Public Schools Board of Education’s negotiations with Princeton Regional Education Association (“PREA”) on October 2, 2014, the parties reached a point where it seemed…

Board Using Cost of Special Needs Students As Reason for Denying Teachers Increase

To the Editor: At the last Princeton Public Schools Board of Education meeting, Board member Patrick Sullivan’s explanation of the reasons for the negotiation stalemate with the teacher’s union felt…