Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Valley Road Resident Urges Neighbors To Attend June 15th Bike Path Meeting

To the Editor: There are neighborhood/town meetings to discuss the Valley Road project, which is mostly about needed repairs and resurfacing. But there is an issue lurking in the list…

Another Mulch Alert Says Excessive Mulching Does Permanent Damage

To the Editor: The trees are yelling: “Stop with this piling up mulch around my trunk — you’re killing me!” What is the purpose of mulching? —  To conserve moisture…

Residents Urging School Board to Reduce Teachers’ Upfront Premium Contributions

To the Editor: This Tuesday, June 2, negotiators for the Princeton Board of Education and PREA, the teachers’ union, meet one last time to try to agree on a contract…

An Engineer Remembers John Nash Coming Up With Impromptu Answer

To the Editor: I am an engineer. In 2005 I was involved in a company designing high-speed computer networking hardware and systems. Coming down to the old “Dinky” train station…

Teen Suggests That the Arts Council Offer More Classes for Working Adults

To the Editor: I would like to bring attention to the fact that the Arts Council of Princeton has almost no classes for working adults. I was currently enrolled in…

Close to a Solution on 31-33 Lytle Street Involving Nationally Renowned Builder

To the Editor: Over the past two months a group of residents has sought a compromise solution for 31-33 Lytle Street that would retain the porch, façade, character and scale…

Would You Stop Shopping at McCaffrey’s Because of a 10-cent Bag Ordinance?

To the Editor: I was delighted to learn that this August McCaffrey’s will celebrate its 23rd year as a member of the Princeton Community. McCaffrey’s is fortunate to be able…

Valley Road Bike Path Plan Could Be Dangerous for Residents, Users

To the Editor: I write to support the concerns of Valley Road residents who find the proposed asphalt bike path, which will replace the pedestrian sidewalk, as environmentally intrusive, unnecessary,…

The 10-cent Bag Fee Would Put McCaffrey’s At a Significant Competitive Disadvantage

To the Editor: This August, McCaffrey’s Food Markets will celebrate our 23rd year as a member of the Princeton Community! Throughout these years, we’ve focused on providing excellent service, superb…

Princeton Council Wastes Taxpayers’ Money on “Sidewalk to Nowhere”

To the Editor: When will Princeton Council members realize that when they make decisions behind closed doors, against the wishes of residents, that they will always face opposition! A majority…