Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Celebrating Courtney Banghart’s Success As Princeton Women’s Basketball Coach

To the Editor: I have been watching Princeton University women’s basketball games for over 20 years. When I go to a Princeton University sporting event, I always have a burning…

Teachers Dropping After-School AP Review Sessions Should Not Be a Bargaining Chip

To the Editor: We Princetonians are justifiably proud of our schools and students. We find the current impasse between the teacher’s union and the school board regrettable. This letter does…

On 50th Anniversary of McCarter’s Music Series Bill Lockwood’s “Remarkable Achievement” Honored

To the Editor: On Tuesday night, November 18, McCarter friends and family marked the 50th anniversary of the Music Series with a sold-out concert by the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra,…

Bill Scheide Remembered for His Work As Civil Rights Commissioner for 20 Years

To the Editor: I am writing to pay tribute to William H. Scheide …. Kudos for a life well lived in service to others. I was appointed executive director of…

Reader Asks Town Topics to Correct Caption to Image Showing Fall Foliage in “Institute Woods”

To the Editor This is to correct some information stated recently in Town Topics regarding the Institute Woods. The IAS Woods was NOT a gift to the community from the IAS,…

Venetian Plasters and Fine Italian Finishes Are Offered From AR Building Technologies

The finest Italian plasters and decorative finishes for walls and ceilings are now available in Princeton to add definition, panache, and character to your home. These finishes, from the San…

Question of the Week: “What is your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal and what are you most thankful for?”

(Asked at the 41st annual YWCA Crafter’s Marketplace)  Leanne: “Chocolate pudding pie that my dad makes. I’m most thankful for my family.” Amy: “Probably my favorite part of the Thanksgiving…

HomeFront’s ArtSpace and SewingSpace Options Offer Imaginative Outlets for Creative Projects

“So I never cry. Only when something really tragic happens — like a death or something. But I am tearing up tonight. Not sad tears, just happy and grateful. I’m…

Marvelous Matter, New Shop in Hopewell, Offers Variety of Antiques and Collectibles

“You don’t know you love it until you see it!” said a customer recently upon entering Marvelous Matter, the charming new shop at 33 West Broad Street in Hopewell. Then,…

Reliable, Professional Service in the Area Available From Yonkowski Plumbing & Heating

Someday, you will need a plumber. It’s a given. When the occasion arises, you want someone who will show up on time, whom you can count on, and who is…