Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Award-Winning Salon Pure at Palmer Square Offers the Very Latest in Hair Styles and Color

The mission of the stylists at Salon Pure is to help clients look and feel their best. A new haircut and well-defined highlights can do wonders for a new look,…

Question of the Week: “What are you looking forward to this school year?” (Asked on the Princeton University campus Saturday)

Joy: “It sounds cliched but I would say the resources and teachers because this is really a place where you can get a lot out of your education. I come…

Large Number of PU’s Newly Planted Trees on Alexander Road Are Dying

To the Editor: If you drive along Alexander Road past all the new construction, you will notice a very large number of newly planted trees that are dying. This does…

Question of the Week: Why are you participating in this rally?

(Asked at Saturday’s “Justice for Michael Brown” rally)   Monifa: “I have two African American sons, and each time I see another black man shot down by police officers it…

Questions Regarding Potential Adverse Effects Of Hospital Demolition Have Not Been Addressed

To the Editor: With regard to the decision of Princeton Council to settle the lawsuit with AvalonBay, allowing the demolition of the hospital site to proceed, there were questions asked…

A Rainbow of Our Diverse Population Attended Saturday’s Parade and Rally for Michael Brown

To the Editor: Saturday’s Princeton parade and rally, called “Justice for Michael Brown,” was an overwhelming, energizing, healing, and sometimes scary event. Over 125 people, truly a rainbow of our…

Question of the Week: “What is your most memorable Robin Williams movie, or movie moment?”

“I loved him in Club Paradise — one of my all-time favorite movies. He’s such a genius. One of my favorite quotes of his is, ‘If women ran the world…

Kudos to Princeton Patrol Officer Bill Kieffer For Safely Capturing the Prospect Avenue Bat

To the Editor: Wednesday night, after we were asleep, I woke up to find a very large bat flying around our bedroom. We immediately went downstairs and closed the door.…

NJ Transit Should Hold a Public Hearing To Show Why It Agreed to Move the Dinky

To the Editor: I am writing to clarify that all of the legal efforts “Save the Dinky” has pursued have focused on the goal of preserving Princeton’s in-town rail station…

HomeFront’s Back to School Drive the Key To Helping Kids Feel Comfortable Day One

To the Editor: Over the years, HomeFront has expanded its breadth of services to address the many issues surrounding homelessness and the cycle of poverty, however, our Back to School…