Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 2)

Bringing to Light Some Positive Role Models Living in Princeton

To the Editor: As any psychologist knows, the prevalent presentation of bad news, as from bad behavior and crime in the media, can result in copy-cat crime. As is equally…

Artistic Director of McCarter Theatre Thanks Librarians for Mandela Read-In

To the Editor: On Thursday night, January 8, McCarter Theatre Center partnered with three area libraries to offer the “Unrelenting Voices Read-In: A Celebration of Freedom, Justice, Mandela and More.” Community…

Lights and Bells on Bikes Should Now Be Mandatory

To the Editor, Automobiles and bicycles are vehicles. Automobiles must have lights, horns, license plates, and bumpers. Let’s settle for just lights and bells on bikes – which many had,…

Hamilton Street Resident Calls for Mayor, Council To Reconsider “Ill-Advised” Plan for Bike Lanes

Editor’s Note: The following letter is addressed to Mayor Lempert and members of the Council. My husband and I have been proud homeowners at 278 Hamilton Avenue for the past…

Another Response to the Letter Calling For Accountability on the Part of Cyclists

To the Editor: In response to Judith Koubek’s letter in last week’s Town Topics, surely roads are not made solely for cars, but for all vehicles, including those with only…

Design of New Wawa Faulted by Driver Who Had 75-Yard Walk from Parking Lot

To the Editor; I haven’t visited the new Dinky station yet but I was interested in William Hoover’s letter in the Jan 28 Topics [“Dinky Rider Would Trade Fancy Architecture…

A Lifetime Cyclist Responds to Remarks About “Accountability” in Recent Letter

To the editor: As a lifetime cyclist, I’m tired of reading that we are irresponsible on the road, “disobey road rules,” do not pay for the privilege of using the…

Avalon Edgewater Fire Prompts Concern For Upcoming Avalon Princeton Project

To the Editor: The recent tragic fire at Avalon Edgewater gives me cause for concern as AvalonBay begins construction of its Princeton project. Unless AvalonBay has changed their design, I…

Residents Who Want to Stay in Princeton Pay Higher Taxes While Developers Thrive

To the Editor: In 2010, a real estate revaluation was done in Princeton that generated concern and complaints on multiple grounds. It was notable (though not widely known) that the…

Fire at Avalon’s Edgewater Complex Shows Need to Improve Quality, Safety

To the Editor: When I saw the news reports of this fire at Avalon’s Edgewater complex, I was struck by the apparent physical similarities of that design to what I…