Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 103)

“Compromise” Offered to Battlefield Society Essentially What IAS Was Proposing All Along

To the Editor: Recently several people claiming to be “independent observers” have said that the Princeton Battlefield Society has been unfair in challenging the Institute for Advanced Study’s proposed faculty…

If Avalon Bay Wants Density Bonus, Town Needs Commensurate Benefit

To the Editor: It was good to see a creative and thoughtful discussion regarding affordable housing at the hospital site during the February 14 Council meeting. This discussion should be…

Avalon Bay Should Generate Designs Reflecting Future Needs of Princeton

To the Editor: When Princeton Hospital moves to its new site in May 2012, it is widely anticipated that AvalonBay, the nationwide developer of residential rental housing, will sign on…

Driver Says Added Lane on Harrison Street Greatly Expedites Access to U.S. 1, Hospital

To the Editor:  Having lived in Princeton for decades, I remember less than fondly the traffic backups at the Harrison Street/US 1 intersection — particularly those at rush hour. Recently…

Princeton Future’s Emergency Management Meeting Sparks Donations to Rescue Squad

To the Editor: My husband and I spent a very informative meeting at the library on Saturday morning, February 18, learning about Emergency Management in Princeton. It’s a much more…

Delegation for 16th Legislative District Honored to Represent Borough, Township

To the Editor: The swearing-in of Assemblywoman Donna M. Simon to the seat vacated by the late Peter J. Biondi now completes the delegation for the 16th Legislative District, which…

Individuals With Outstanding Credentials Not Even Interviewed for Transition Team

To the Editor: I was astonished by information contained in a February 15 Town Topics article (“Public Input Is Integral to Task Force Mission”), which publicized a call for volunteers…

Goerner to Martindell: Transition Task Force Was Not Formed to “Re-Invent the Wheel”

To the Editor: I am writing in response to Councilman Roger Martindell’s baffling letter that appeared in the February 15 issue of the Town Topics. (“Consolidation Transition Task Force Can Re-Invent…

IAS Should Reconsider Ill-Advised Plan And Renew Negotiations for Alternate Site

To the Editor: For the past eight years I’ve been proud to serve as a trustee for the Princeton Battlefield society and help further the cause of preserving an important…

Battlefield Society Playing Political Games With Its Negative, All or Nothing Approach

To the Editor: All your readers who have been following the sturm und drang of the Institute for Advanced Study’s (IAS) housing proposal and the Princeton Battlefield Society’s (PBS) opposition…