Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 103)

Why Aren’t Elected Officials Selecting Consolidation Team Members Jointly?

To the Editor: The fact that the Township and Borough are selecting their own consolidation team representatives separately seems odd. Given that the residents have already voted for consolidation, why…

Lewis Fund’s Support of Revaluation Lawsuit About Redress. Not Publicity

To the Editor: Mr. Durkee’s accusations notwithstanding (“Latest Lawsuit Filed Against University,” Town Topics, January 11), the Eleanor J. Lewis Fund’s support of the legal challenges to the recent revaluation…

“They Knew What I Was Going Through”: Caring Citizens Assist Enable’s Outreach

To the Editor: The 2011 holidays were made brighter for persons with disabilities in our community thanks to over 100 generous individuals, groups, businesses, congregations, and schools who donated gifts,…

A Letter From PPL’s Dudley Carlson Asking About Former Director’s Obit

To the Editor I’ve been watching for an obituary for Robert H. Staples, who died in late October in Lakewood; he should certainly be remembered for moving the library from…

Letters Continue Debating Institute’s Plan to Build Housing Near Battlefield

To the Editor: I attended two previous Planning Board meetings at which IAS’s real estate development on the site of a critical point in the Battle of Princeton was challenged.…

Do you think the Institute should be allowed to build housing adjacent to Battlefield Park?

“Yes, I think they should be able to build, as long as it’s not on the battlefield. They should be allowed to build more housing close to the Institute.” —Tessa…

A Five-Step Method for Steering Princeton Through Consolidation’s Uncharted Waters

To the Editor: The task force to be charged with making recommendations to implement consolidation of Princeton Borough and Township is getting off to a slow start, partly because of…

Thoughts On What Might Have Been Had Battlefield Become a Gettysburg

To the Editor: Let us think about the Princeton that might have been had the partisans of expansion of the Battlefield Park prevailed almost two hundred years ago. In 1825…

More Letters For and Against Institute Plan to Build Housing Near Battlefield

To the Editor: I write concerning the tempest that has arisen over the modest and thoughtful plans of the Institute for Advanced Study to provide additional housing for its faculty…

“What does the YWCA mean to you?” (Asked at the YWCA’s 90th Birthday Bash.)

Menna: “Family gathering together as a community for good causes.” Chelsea Newton: “A place where families can go to come together.” Chelsea Pierre: “Strengthening individuals, empowerment, being together trying to…