Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 103)

“Under the Red Umbrella” Program Helped by F.I.S.H., JaZams, BM-W

To the Editor: Something fun for kids is happening on Thursday afternoons at 4:30 through August 23. “Under the Red Umbrella,” which is a story time for kids of all…

$12,000 Raised Thanks to Local Support For “Healthy Children, Healthy Planet 2012”

To the Editor: On behalf of the Riverside School PTO (Parent Teachers Organization), we would like to thank everyone in the Princeton community who supported our “Healthy Children, Healthy Planet…

Thanks to Mayors, Volunteers, Township Staff, Ground Will Be Broken on Copperwood July 26

To the Editor, On July 26 ground will be broken on Copperwood in Princeton. After almost a decade of discussion, debate, design, and deliberation, a modern, sophisticated community designed for…

MCIA Hazardous Waste Team Performs A Friendly, Surprisingly Speedy Service

To the Editor: I left Hopewell Borough Saturday morning, aiming to be “early” for the Hazardous Waste collection day scheduled for 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Fire Service Training Center…

Elegant Design and Superb Craftsmanship Characterize Orion’s Unique Jewelry Selection

As they enter the Orion Jewelry boutique in its new location in the Pennington Square Shopping Center, on Route 31, customers are captivated by the dramatic decor, highlighted by the…

Complete Range of Hardware and Housewares Are Offered at Smith’s Ace Expanded Location

Smith’s Ace Hardware just got bigger and better! Its companion store, Smith’s Ace Housewares, has now relocated with the hardware in expanded space at the Princeton Shopping Center. “We wanted…

Question of the Week: “Do you prefer cats or dogs and why?” (Asked at the SAVE Benefit, in the Fred Astaire Studio, Princeton Shopping Center)

“My preference is for dogs, I’ve grown up with dogs and may be biased because I’ve never had a cat. My entire view of dogs changed with my first pit…

Cars Driving Over Front Lawns Around Storm-Downed Limbs Is Unconscionable

To the Editor, Tonight was the last straw. I can no longer be silent about this nominally beautiful and cultured town. My husband and I moved to Princeton in 1980…

We Can’t Make Princeton More Sustainable If Residents Are Unable to Use the Sidewalks

To the Editor: A topic that I think would be of interest to readers are the regulations in the Princeton Township and Borough concerning who is responsible for clearing sidewalks…

Modest Proposals About What to Do If Going One on One With Black Bear

To the Editor: At the presentation last month on black bears, given by state officials in Township Hall, I was astonished to learn that, in the very rare case that…