Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSS
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 103)

A Letter From a Former Township Mayor Supporting the Institute’s Housing Plan

To the Editor: I fully support the Institute for Advanced Study’s plans for faculty housing, which are currently before the Princeton Township Planning Board. I attended the last meeting, and…

History Becoming an Endangered Species? IAS Plan Suggests a Biodegradable Society

This Thursday February 16 at 7:30 p.m. at 400 Witherspoon Street will likely be the last meeting of the Planning Commission on deciding the fateful go ahead for the 15-unit…

Library’s Recent Environmental Film Festival A Triumph of Good Planning, Good Choices

To the Editor: Kudos for the excellent Princeton Environmental Film Festival held over the past three weekends in the Princeton Public Library. Special appreciation and thanks to the library, its…

Princeton Merchants Association Thanks Simpson, DOT, for Constructive Meeting

To the Editor: On behalf of The Princeton Merchants Association and the business community of Princeton, we would like to thank Commissioner James Simpson and the Department of Transportation for…

Consolidation Transition Task Force Can Re-Invent Delivery of Municipal Services

To the Editor: The newly appointed Consolidation Transition Task Force has the opportunity to do more than merely smooth the way to a consolidated Princeton. It has the chance to…

A Veblen-Einstein Solution Proposed For Institute Faculty Housing Problem

To the Editor: I have always been a supporter of the Institute for Advanced Study. When I served on Princeton Township Committee I voted to appropriate $14 million in taxpayer…

Toward A Clearer Understanding: Information on the Historic Context of the Battlefield Issue

To the Editor: It might be useful to take a step back in understanding that the site of the Battle of Princeton counterattack was envisioned from the beginning to be…

Yes to IAS After Putting Both Arguments in Perspective, Defining “Sacred Ground”

To the Editors: I am not an historian nor can I quote prior discussions between the Institute and the State on the Institute’s Planning Application. However, it may be more…

“How do you plan to stay healthy during the cold and flu season?”

“Wash my hands a lot and take extra vitamin C.” —Laura Connolly, Princeton “I am exercising and I wash my hands at every possible moment. I work at the University…

More Fond Memories of Bob Staples, First Host of the Library’s Living Room

To the Editor: I read your story about Bob Staples, a former director of the Princeton Public Library (although he preferred to be called “Librarian”), with great pleasure. During his…