Follow Town Topics Online

FacebookTwitterRSSLinkedIn
Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 103)

HiTOPS Treats Teens As Whole People Not Just “the Sum of Their Private Parts”

To The Editor: As a Princeton resident, a parent, and a novelist for teens, I was disappointed by the lengthy May 16 Letter to the Editor mischaracterizing the services HiTOPS…

Former HiTOPS Client Remembers Receiving Critical Free Service There

To the Editor: I am a 35-year-old professional who is happily married with two children, and a resident of Princeton Township.  After having conferred with my husband about my feelings…

Director Explains HiTOPS Approach To Reducing Risk, Promoting Health

To the Editor: I deeply respect and appreciate the sentiments expressed by four parents regarding sexuality education provided by HiTOPS (Town Topics, May 16). Being a parent myself and having…

Experience as Small Business Owner Makes Tamera Matteo Right Choice

To the Editor: We urge our fellow Democrats in Princeton to support Tamera Matteo for Borough Council in the primary on June 5. She believes that united Princeton deserves the…

Crumiller Helped Unite Princeton, Deserves Place on New Council

To the Editor: As a lifelong Democrat, I’m supporting Jenny Crumiller for the new Princeton Council. For over 20 years, Jenny has selflessly served our community from being a room…

Onetime Opponent of Consolidation Speaks Up for Jo Butler’s Candidacy

To the Editor: On June 5, Princeton Democrats will elect a slate of six Council members and a mayoral candidate to represent our party in a historic election in November.…

Liz Lempert Brings Leadership Needed for a United Princeton

To the Editor: November’s vote for consolidation was a monumental turning point in Princeton’s future. But this was only the first step … it is now incumbent upon us to…

Highlight of “Reach for the Stars” Testimonials for Bridge Academy

To the Editor, On behalf of the students, faculty, staff, and parents of The Bridge Academy I would like to thank the Princeton, Lawrenceville, and Hopewell community businesses that supported…

Not All Parents Think the HiTOPS Approach to Sex Education Valuable

To The Editor: Recently, in an article about the Princeton Half-Marathon, from which HiTOPS, an adolescent health organization, will benefit, Princeton Borough Mayor, Yina Moore, was quoted as saying, “If…

“Not In Our Town” Should Take a Stand Against Other Forms of Discrimination

To the Editor: I heartily applaud “Not in Our Town” for their stand against racial discrimination (Town Topics May 2, 2012). In the future the group may wish to take a stand against other forms…