She retired in 1985 after more than 25 years as a clerk typist with the New Jersey State Judiciary.
She was a member of the Church of Saint Ann in Lawrenceville.
Predeceased by her husband Michael Boshanski, she is survived by a son, Michael of Lawrenceville; a daughter, Annie Hvasta of Lawrenceville; a brother, Nick Telencio of East Windsor; and two grandsons.
The funeral service was August 10 at the Lisiecki Memorial Home, Trenton, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at The Church of Saint Ann, Lawrenceville. Interment was in St. Hedwig Cemetery, Ewing.
Constance M. Brauer
Constance McChesney Brauer, 90, of Princeton, died August 6 at St. Mary's Hospital in Newtown, Pa., after battling a short illness.
A longtime Princeton resident, she had lived at a Chandler Hall assisted living residence in Newtown for the past two years.
Born in Syracuse, N.Y., she attended Lower Marion High School in Bryn Mawr, Pa., and graduated with a B.A. in English from Vassar College in 1934. In 1937, she married architect Carl Frederik Brauer (Princeton 1932).
During the 1930s and 1940s she wrote for numer- ous Hearst and Fawcett publications, and was a beauty editor for Ladies Home Journal and Journal American. She was also a longtime writer for the National Association of Retail Druggists magazine in New York City.
She moved to Princeton with her husband and three children in 1954. For several years, she sold advertising for the Princeton Packet, then joined K.M. Light Real Estate as a sales associate in 1960. She practiced there for 25 years.
She was a member of the Present Day Club and Trinity Church.
Predeceased by her husband and a daughter, Barbara Carberry, she is survived by a son, Andy of Princeton; a daughter, CD Brauer Harbridge of Evergreen, Colo.; a sister, Helen McChesney Elliot of Exton, Pa.; eight grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, August 23, at Trinity Church in Princeton.
Her ashes will be interred beside her husband's in Trinity All Saints Cemetery in Princeton.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Chandler Hall, 99 Barclay Street, Newtown, Pa. 18940.
A native of Philadelphia, he graduated from Akiba Academy in 1962, the University of Pennsylvania in 1966, and Downstate Medical Center in 1970. He interned at Philadelphia General Hospital and completed a residency in psychiatry at the Institute of the Pennsylvania Hospital in 1974.
He devoted his professional life to community mental health through direct patient care and administrative oversight in public and religiously-sponsored mental health agencies. He was Medical Director of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Metuchen; of Tarrant County Mental Health and Mental Retardation in Fort Worth, Tex.; and at Richard Hall Mental Health Center, Bridgewater. He was the author of Mental Health Skills for Clergy. A great joy in his life was teaching the Bible.
He was honored by the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill for his volunteer work on behalf of that organization.
He is survived by his wife, Ellen; two daughters, Tamar Charry of Philadelphia, and Rebecca Roje of Dubrovnik, Croatia; a brother, Marim Charry of Great Neck, N.Y.; a sister, Adina ben Chorin of Zurich, Switzerland; and one grandson.
The funeral service was August 11 at Trinity Church, Princeton; burial was in Princeton Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark's Church, 1625 Locust Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19103.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Mather-Hodge Funeral Home.
Born in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, he was a graduate of Mercer County Community College.
He was employed by Monumental Life Insurance for 22 years.
Son of the late Charles and Tulmene Daout, he is survived by two daughters, Regina Daout-Gauthier of Yardville, and Renalda Daout of Orlando; a son, Reginald of Yardville; two brothers, Barachy Jean of Princeton, and Jean Joseph Archimene of Plainsboro; a sister, Michelle Brisson of Boston, Mass.; and one granddaughter.
The funeral was August 9 at Poulson & Van Hise Funeral Directors, Lawrenceville, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at St. Paul's Roman Catholic Church. Burial was in Princeton Cemetery.
Born in Narva Viru, Estonia, she and her husband escaped the Communist takeover of Estonia by living in a displaced persons camp in Germany after World War II. She came to the United States with her husband in 1950, and settled in Princeton where she lived for the remainder of her life.
A seamstress, she was interested in flowers, needlework, fashion, painting, music, nature, decorative arts and travel.
She was predeceased by her husband Karl.
Calling hours will be on Wednesday, August 13 at Kimble Funeral Home, 1 Hamilton Avenue, from 9:30 a.m. until the time of a graveside service at Princeton Cemetery.
Born in Potenza Italy, he lived in West Orange most of his life before moving to Princeton ten years ago.
He was employed for 26 years with Joseph A. Manda & Son in West Orange as a greenhouse manager and orchid grower. He then became owner of Charles T. Homecker Florist Company in East Orange for 18 years. He retired after 12 years as a state investigator and supervisor with the New Jersey Office of Consumer Affairs in Newark.
At the age of 8 he caddied at Essex Country Club. He later became an excellent golfer and remained an avid golfer and golf fan all his life. He also maintained an avid interest in world affairs and politics.
He was an Army veteran of World War II.
He was a member of St. Paul's Church, Princeton.
Predeceased by his wife, Rose, and his brothers Frank and Joseph, he is survived by a son, Peter of Frenchtown; a daughter, Grace Rose Roselli of Plainsboro; and one grandchild.
The Funeral was August 12 at The Mather-Hodge Funeral Home, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at St. Paul's Church.
Born in Evanston, Illinois, she moved to Princeton in the mid-1920s and lived there the rest of her life.
She graduated from Miss Fine's School in 1931 and then returned there as a teacher from 1934 to 1944. During that time she was active in the Princeton Community Players, a theatre group at McCarter Theatre.
She was employed by the Princeton Medical Group from 1947 to 1952, and served as a hospital volunteer from 1932 to 2003, accumulating nearly 15,000 hours of service.
From 1961 to 1965 she worked for the headmaster at Princeton Country Day School, then continued with Princeton Day School, working for the Head of School and the director of admissions until her retirement in 1983.
She was a long-time member of Trinity Church, Rocky Hill, where her husband was the rector for over 25 years. She served on the Altar Guild and various committees, and was a member of the Episcopal Churchwomen's group, an organization which bestowed upon her its Churchwoman of the Year award in the late 1990s.
She spent many summers in the Adirondack Mountains, on the shores of Lake Champlain, where she was a member of the Corlear Bay Club. She was an active tennis player and swimmer, and enjoyed walks in the country.
Daughter of the late Dr. Charles G. Osgood, professor emeritus at Princeton University, and the late Isabella Owen Osgood, and widow of the late Rev. Robert N. Smyth, she is survived by her two sons, Charles of Seattle, Wash., and Robert of Law renceville; and one grandson.
Memorial contributions may be made to Trinity Church, Crescent Avenue, Rocky Hill 08533. A memorial service will be held at a later date.